Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Arik

Found more P-83 Wanads

Post by Arik »

Aim has them in stock $269 w/ 2 8rnd original mags. Add $10 for handpick
deltacornbread

Re: Found more P-83 Wanads

Post by deltacornbread »

Any body know how many were produced? Are any still in service?
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I don't have any estimation on the number manufactured. All I know is that Production started in 1984 and lasted until the liquidation of ZM Lucznik in 2000. So, 16 years of production. I'm sure quite a few were produced. Also, I don't think they're in service anymore but they may be. They were replaced by the WIST-94.
polock

Re: Found more P-83 Wanads--got 2 from AIM

Post by polock »

Just picked up the two P-83 pistols I ordered from AIM.
Both dtd 1987, in very nice shape, steel frame guns (pay the $10 extra for best of 5--in my experience this is worth it cosmetically, at least as far as AIM goes).
Each gun had one of the mags numbered (EP) to the gun--the other did not match. Bbls, of course, were mint. Pleasant surprise was the nice, smooth double action, a definite improvement oner my P64!
Gun is a bit heavier & more bulky, more like Mak-sized.
Hoping it will not hurt to shoot---
No pics as I am computer challenged & don't understand how anything works---
Not a bargain (like the P64), but a "must have" from the old country--
hangfire

Post by hangfire »

Nice to find one other person ^^^ who doesn't do pics. I don't. probably never will, don't even own a d__n digital camera.

I think everyone who can swing it should buy a P-83 right now, while good ones are available. Yeah, more might be imported later but we don't know that. Take it from someone who got a late start collecting milsurp pistols it's better to get in on the front end than to play catch up. I'm paying double and trilple for nice specimins that I coulda picked up for a song 10 years ago. I love the P-83. It's not the greatest shooter, just a quirky interesting collector piece from the combloc era. hangfire out
polock

Post by polock »

Hangfire, you are right! I wish the P83 was as inexpensive as the P64, but I haven't seen them going down in price. Even at $270 (from AIM, with free shipping) I couldn't resist, and am glad I didn't. A neat, interesting relic from the Warsaw Pact--