PA 63 heavier recoil spring kicks out the clip

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
passnthru2

PA 63 heavier recoil spring kicks out the clip

Post by passnthru2 »

i fixed all the springs.. thank you very much.. i was able to replace all the springs, recoil, hammer and firing pin with one hand.. as i don't have 2.

i worked up to the heaviest recoil spring, no barrel flip to speak of anymore, and the pattern really tightened up. i only have one hand and i have to put the heal of my gun hand on my prosthetic, it is heavy, so have just been using a one hand stance. before i got the springs balanced i put the hook over the top of my wrist to hold it down. i got an amazing tight pattern..so i ordered all the springs. but now the clip falls out about the 3rd round. i bought a second clip cause the original fell out all the time, now both fall out. I've heard it blamed on the position of the release button. it isn't the release button.

it appears to be the retainer wedge the button withdraws when pushed, but I'm not pushing it. there isn't much of a retainer down there. i figured that the retainer was deficient in mass or the
guide-way was too big, i put some aluminum tape on the back of the clip, about an inch/3cm down from the top.. to shim it tighter. when i put the clip in now it makes fairly loud 'Click', it does not fall all the way out when released, but pulls out easily. i will get back to you with the Range results soon as i can.

has anyone else had problems with the clip dropping out... ??
darrell

Re: PA 63 heavier recoil spring kicks out the clip

Post by darrell »

I have had some trouble with clip coming partially out when I shoot due to the placement of the magazine release. I put it back in and readjust my grip. I have never had any problem not caused by accidently hitting the magazine release button.
chimera

Re: PA 63 heavier recoil spring kicks out the clip

Post by chimera »

passnthru2,
Not a job I'd try with one hand (you decide), but a heavier mag release spring #32 may cure your problem, and I don't know a source. You could also try to releave the area on the release #31 that stops against the trigger guard plunger #34 to allow a couple of thousandths more travel. A rat tail file will do, it doesn't need to be pretty.
You may also try a new mag release available from buymilsurp.com, a new release spring is available there too.

The mag release will only come out after the trigger guard is removed. I use a padded vice to compress the trigger guard spring to push out the hinge pin #36. The pin is a smaller diameter in the center and the spring must be compressed to remove it.
To reassemble; insert the mag release and spring, insert a mag to hold them in while the trigger guard is reassembled.
Attachments
feg a.jpg