New CZ-82!

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
phantomcaptain

New CZ-82!

Post by phantomcaptain »

Ok,

Got my new CZ-82 in last week. Finish was pretty nice actually, not too bad at all and I did ask for the hand pick best available so I'm pleased. Had a bit of holster wear etc but not bad for an issue pistol from 1987. It came with a nice black holster, 2 mags, mag holster and a cleaning rod. I got mine from SOG for $199.

Anyway, took it to the range yesterday and I'm in love. Just wow. I'm amazed at the accuracy and how nice it points and shoots. Trigger is splendid even in DA. Honestly, I'm really falling for the Eastern European surplus stuff. My polish P-64 and now this CZ-82 both function flawlessly and shoot as good or better than my stuff that goes for 3 times as much money. The P-64 has taken over as my daily carry. It's just ultra comfortable and concealable and I do have to say I'm really liking the 9x18 Mak cartridge. Much cheaper to shoot these days.

Worked flawlessly without a hiccup as I pretty much expected from what I've read of these pistols. Fed the Silver Bear without a hitch. I shot a total of 100 rounds, everything fed and ejected with no problems.

So here's my picture. This was the first 12 shots I took with the CZ two handed at 10 feet. I have a feeling it's going to become quickly one of my favorites. Can't wait to go shoot it some more.

layer

New CZ-82!

Post by layer »

Congrats! The CZ82 is a great little pistol, I have 3 of them. I would rather shoot it than any other Mak chambered pistol I have.
big54r

Re: New CZ-82!

Post by big54r »

nice cz82!
I just got mine but gotta call CFS cuz they didn't send some stuff.
the gun is nice to the touch but it is showing a lot of holster wear and will need a refinish job.
music300

Post by music300 »

Love mine. Excellent finish and beautiful wood grips. Very happy. John
dwd

Post by dwd »

Do cz 82's fling brass worse, or farther than other guns?
I nailed the range officer last night and he wanted to know what I was shooting, a .380? Nah, it was Makarov. He said it sure hurt. It was steel cased Brown Bear, if that makes a difference. I think he should have watched where he was standing1
Stingray

Post by Stingray »

dwd wrote:Do cz 82's fling brass worse, or farther than other guns?
I don't know about all of them, but mine sure does. I do most of my shooting in the woods on my own property. The 82 chucks the brass so far out into the woods that I rarely ever find an empty 9x18 casing. It's a straight shooter though. I was reluctant to get it at the time, but I'd snap up another in a heartbeat if a deal came long. Great gun.

-S