Range Report

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
cichlid

Range Report

Post by cichlid »

well, I made it to the range today with my two most recent purchases, a Tokarev and a Hungarian PA-63. The Tokarev was a blast to shoot, not that much recoil and very accurate. Boy does it go bang, LOL. I can't wait to go shoot it again.

The PA-63 was also fairly fun to shoot but it does have a pretty hefty kick to it. Compared to the P-64 with Wolf springs, I think it kicks a little more. I just saw the thread above about changing PA-63 springs. I guess I need to get a recoil spring from Wolf.

All in all, if you want a commie gun that is a blast to shoot, go out and get yourself a Tokarev!

Hopefully next week my Bulgarian Makarov will be in and I can take that next saturday.
Last edited by cichlid on February 20th, 2010, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stover

Range Report

Post by stover »

Which Tokarev do you have? I have an "Yugo M57" and I love the thing. My range don't like it much though. Last time I shot there, ejected brass took out some lighting behind the firing line.
Bare florescent bulbs probably not the best idea for a gun range. But they claim my gun is the first to ever take one out.
dom

Range Report

Post by dom »

Shooting the Tokarev takes the fun factor to a whole new level. Available many places for just over 2 bills. Still plenty of surplus ammo around for about 10 cents a round. Wolf Gold even makes an 85 grn. JHP.
Makes a great range gun for targets or just plain plinking.
I've got three, 2 Romys and 1 Polish, and always looking for another at the right price at our local shows.
Living outside of the city limits, i keep one loaded w/ HP as one of my home defense weapons.
Shoot your Tok often enough, check the ballistic specs, and it's pretty easy to see how a solider would feel going into battle w/ one as his sidearm.
Last edited by dom on February 20th, 2010, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rottenrick

Range Report

Post by rottenrick »

Dom, Stover, The TTC-33 just FEELS GOOD in your hand. She does bark, but you can control it. I've been looking at some of the grips. I like Blackblade's the best. But a set of Zebrawood would look good too, that or Red Wattle. It's like it knows where to point, and say's "Let me help you". Two hundred bucks you can't go wrong.
cichlid

Range Report

Post by cichlid »

The Tokarev I have is a Romanian. i bought it brand new about a month ago for $240. The guy I bought it from said it was iused, but when I got home, there wasn't a single mark on it. The feed ramp was black and perfect. I just couldn't believe how much fun it was to shoot. If your reading this and don't have one, pick one up, they are a blast!
fknipfer1

Re: Range Report

Post by fknipfer1 »

For pistols that supposedly have a weaker round 9 X18Mak, I don't know one that isn't snappy. My German with the rubber hand grips is a dream to shoot. My P83 with plastic grips is very snappy, and the only P64 I ever shot was very, very, very sappy. Are all of the others the same.

fknipfer1