AMMO for reduced strength spring PA63

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
chesster

Post by chesster »

I put a new hammer spring from Wolff in my PA63 to improve the trigger pull. I know I have had problems with some old Russian ammo and hard primers in the past with such spring change. I have used Winchester without problems. What have you guys used for ammo with these reduced strength springs and still get 100% ignition?????
mikeh1

Post by mikeh1 »

I have a 11lb hammer spring in mine and the only ammo I've had to double strike is Wolf Military Classic. I've used Winchester, MFS, Barnaul, S&B, Norinco Green Box without problems. Going to try Silver Bear next weekend for the first time.

chesster wrote:I put a new hammer spring from Wolff in my PA63 to improve the trigger pull. I know I have had problems with some old Russian ammo and hard primers in the past with such spring change. I have used Winchester without problems. What have you guys used for ammo with these reduced strength springs and still get 100% ignition?????
chesster

Post by chesster »

Thanks Mike. I have Win, Norinco Green Box and commercial and old contract SB (berdan primer), I will try some of these others.