FIRST 9X18

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
paddywonka

FIRST 9X18

Post by paddywonka »

Bought this Russian IMEZ IJ70 18A a while ago,not knowing really anything about it,other than it was a Makarov. When they first started importing these and East German made pistols,some years ago,I did not buy any. Now these pistols sell for nearly 3 times what they were originally selling for. Think any of the current 9X18 imported now,will only increase in value also. Some photos for your veiwing.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

FIRST 9X18

Post by gunneyrabbit »

paddywonka, nice photograph's, great guns aren't they!
G.R.
hardcorekeith

FIRST 9X18

Post by hardcorekeith »

Dang, you got the primo ammo in there too. I think each of my 9x18 pistols has eaten perhaps one box of Winchester ammunition. They mostly graze on steel-cased. :)
Sgt P

FIRST 9X18

Post by Sgt P »

Super nice IMEZ IJ70 makarov. I bought my military Soviet makarov thru a private collector about 10 years ago for my wife. I bet the prices have come down a little since then. Its a keeper and we have only shot it about 50 times since we got it.

Coolest thing with the Soviet camouflage jackets that we saw in Afghanistan was the makraov pistol pocket inside the coat. They secured a length of nylon cord with a metal snap and secured the pistol that way. I just finsihed restoring one of those jackets and it will be my next range jacket-when it is cool here. Sgt P.