should i trade S&W 39-2 for cz-82?

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
jhandy

Post by jhandy »

so, the local gun store has a cz-82 with 2 mags and a leather holster for sale for $250. they say it is in 87% condition. I want it, but if i get it my wife may use it on me. apparently she thinks i have enough guns considering the budget rite now. So I was thinking a trade may work instead. So if i could get some opinions, do you guys think I should trade a s&w 39-2 for it? they said they would give me $275 trade for it. its a nice gun, but it does jam more than i would want from a defense gun. I wouldnt trust my life to it.
so, good deal? heres a pic.
dom

Post by dom »

... but it does jam more than i would want from a defense gun. I wouldnt trust my life to it.
j- That would be reason enough for me.
The CZ-82 is a great handgun imho. Both of mine are fine shooters, very accurate, and a very good buy in todays milsurp pistol market. Only downsides for me are the mags are a real pain to load, and they are a little to thick (wide) for me to conceal carry.
Their OTD price sounds about right, but if i were to trade i'd ask them to throw in a box or two of ammo.
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

Ditto on the trade: if you have a pistol that jams, get rid of it unless you know it will only be used at the range...and even then I question if it's worth keeping. My (2) CZ82's are gems. Probably have 2-300 rounds thru each, and never had a jam, FTF or FTE. It is balanced, shoots at point of aim, recoil is easily controlled due to the weight, and it is made to withstand battlefield conditions. I trust mine as much as my Glocks, and carry it as often, too!
eagle71

Post by eagle71 »

Only downsides for me are the mags are a real pain to load...
Don't mean to steal this thread, but I got this snazzy mag loader called an "UPLULA". Easiest pistol mag loader I ever used, and it works great on a CZ-82...makes loading all 12 rounds a piece of cake. The UPLULA also works on the P-64 mags. I think I ordered it from Sportsman's Guide, and it cost appx 30 bucks (incl shipping). No more thumb pain...

Back to the subj:
Recommend the trade. I love my CZ-82, and it's been extremely reliable.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

I had a Colt Commander in 9mm. The worst piece of crap I ever owned. I changed mags, polished the ramps, everything. Back and forth to the gunsmith numerous times. Could count on it 'Stove piping at least two rounds per mag. The only thing it would feed properly was Federal FMJ. Do what you want, but I'd get rid of it pronto. Buy what ever makes YOU happy shipmate.
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

If it jams, lose it. It's not reliable.

The CZ is a very robust gun, you will be happier with it!

Fritzhund

8-)
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
nvbeav

Post by nvbeav »

FWIW, my CZ-82 has failure-to-feeds with Wolf ammo. It's been a while, but I don't remember stove-piping.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by martilyo »

Sell the S&W, but I would spruce it up with some gun blue before I trade it in.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by martilyo »

nvbeav wrote:FWIW, my CZ-82 has failure-to-feeds with Wolf ammo. It's been a while, but I don't remember stove-piping.
I have 2 CZ82s and never had a misfeed. Have you polished the feed ramp? lubed the mags? They may help your feed problem.
I use Wolf, but prefer Silver Bear (Brown Bear is OK too).
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by martilyo »

Here's a link to a 39-2 on Gunbroker to give you more info:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =147973054