New Custom Carry CZ-82

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
magicdoc

New Custom Carry CZ-82

Post by magicdoc »

This is a CZ-82 I recently picked up through Centerfire Systems and had customized by my friend, Gunsmith James Willis of Willis Arms in Elm Grove Louisiana. First the pistol was stripped and beadblasted, followed by a matte blueing. I have had him do this to several of my carry pieces and I love it. This blueing job gives a non-reflective surface that looks like parkerizing, yet feels smooth. It also retains oil very well.

The next step was to bob that pesky hammer, to eliminate the possibility of snagging on a quick draw. The final step was to remove the lanyard ring from the bottom of the butt.

I wish I was a better photographer, 'cause this thing is gorgeous! Now all I need is a set of Marschal grips and I will be all set.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New Custom Carry CZ-82

Post by martilyo »

Beautiful job on the CZ! I'd like to get mine finished the same way. Be sure to remove the plastic grips before you clean it with Gun Scrubber or something similar. The plastic is very cheap and melts! I learned the hard way. Fortunately I had a set of Marschal grips to replace them.
Any contact info on your gunsmith?
magicdoc

New Custom Carry CZ-82

Post by magicdoc »

I am proud to give my guy's contact info. He has a website with a price list, and some great examples of his work here: http://www.willisarms.com/index.html

He is a bit swamped with repairs due to hunting season opening up (Dove and Teal season opened this past Saturday), but he says things will be back to normal in January, lol. Check him out!
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New Custom Carry CZ-82

Post by martilyo »

Magicdoc, thanks for the link. I'll look him up after hunting season!
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New Custom Carry CZ-82

Post by martilyo »

Magicdoc, I shipped out my CZ82 yesterday. He says it will take a little more than 2 weeks, so the turnaround is fine. I selected matte black Gun Kote. I didn't know your name, so I couldn't tell him who referred me!