Can't shoot many

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
music300

Can't shoot many

Post by music300 »

Well my ammo came in yesterday and I got a chance to fire it today.( my PA 63 I mean) Right now my hand hurts. Will have to do something. I tried a piece of foam on my P3AT and it helps. Will try this after I get my Dennis grips. The web of my hand and I understand lots of folks have this problem. John
Last edited by music300 on September 6th, 2009, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Can't shoot many

Post by martilyo »

I use the KelTec P3AT as my daily carry. It is not a gun for the range. I shoot it at the range but only to keep in practice (2-3 magazines). Remember it is designed for deep concealment and personal protection. I don't even use a holster because it is so lightweight and thin.
It is a very sturdy pistol. I use hollow points in it for defense.
music300

Can't shoot many

Post by music300 »

Yes my P3AT goes with me as long as my pants do also. Someone on the KTOG forum was selling a small piece of closed cell foam that stuck to the back on the grip and this along with a Hogue Handall made a world of difference in it. I didn't explain myself well in my OP. I'll just try something like this on my PA63. Sorry, John
jsmaye

Can't shoot many

Post by jsmaye »

Mine was downright nasty to shoot until I replaced the recoil and hammer springs with Wolff 15# and 9# springs. It's shootable now but still not pleasant. That's just the nature of an alloy-framed blow-back-actioned pistol (that's not a Hi-Point).
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Can't shoot many

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I'm not recoil sensitive at all and my PA63 is my favorite 9x18 to shoot, very fast and extremely accurate. I solved the sharp recoil problem by buying Wolff's increased power recoil spring, the heaviest one they had and the problem with sharp recoil disappeared.
G.R.