new to me Mak

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
6x6pinz

new to me Mak

Post by 6x6pinz »

Picked up a Makarov 9 x 18 pistol today. Has the original boxes, a holster, cleaning rod in holster and another plastic one, the sight adjusting tool and receipt from original purchaser in US dated in '93
Hopefully will get a chance to get to range sometime before weekend and see how this one shoots. It looks to have been fired very little.

Yeah I am a little excited about this pistol.

critter

new to me Mak

Post by critter »

Looks like it is in great condition. Let us know how it shoots.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

new to me Mak

Post by papabear »

6x6pinz,

Thanks for sharing with us your new find, as "critter" mentioned, let us hear how your Russina IJ-70 Baikal shoots.
POINT SHOOTER
electross

new to me Mak

Post by electross »

6X6,
Good deal! Watch the rear site screw. The little devil tends to want to back out. Lose that and your screwed, so to speak. Really , they do tend to back out and if you lose it, you won't be able to replace it with something from the hardware store. Maybe loctite? Makarov's are real nice and it looks like you have a nice one. I have two now and had more but sold some to acquire other handguns. Have fun.
6x6pinz

new to me Mak

Post by 6x6pinz »

Well as I found the 9x18 Mak a neat pistol I found one in 380 also. I had a chance to head over to SG Club today and shoot them both. Hard to tell the difference but they both shoot very well. I had to adjust the sights a little as they were shooting 3-4" high at first. By the end of the session I had them both down to 2.5" groups at 25ft. Nice shooters and I am sure I will spend some serious hours at the ranges with these two.
The range master questioned my shooting 380 in the volume I went through. He did not know that it was becoming available again and surprised to see someone go through that much 380.
pshootr

new to me Mak

Post by pshootr »

At the gun show in Deland, Florida yesterday a private seller with a table of his own had in LNIB Hi-Cap Russian Mak with 2 mags. Asking price was $275 but he indicated he'd come down on that to make a sale. Sounds like a good deal.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

new to me Mak

Post by martilyo »

6x6, I have one of those, it's my favorite Makarov and very accurate and comfortable to hold. Good job finding that gem!
jasontaylor

new to me Mak

Post by jasontaylor »

My p64 is easier to conceal but my ij 70 is a sweetheart to shoot.