sights for CZ 82

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
raz

sights for CZ 82

Post by raz »

Anyone have suggestions for a new set of sights for a CZ 82? What will work without smithing? Is there an adjustable sight that will fit?
raz
stover

sights for CZ 82

Post by stover »

You can order sights directly from CZ for the Model 82. I contacted them via email asking about night sites and this is their reply.

"Our current 75 style Meprolight tritium sights will fit the 82."

Unfortunately CZ is very proud of their accessories.
pirate

sights for CZ 82

Post by pirate »

raz

sights for CZ 82

Post by raz »

Thanks, Pirate.
Now I have to decide if I want to spend $75 for sights for a $150 gun!!
Has anyone tried or used these?
raz
whitewizard

sights for CZ 82

Post by whitewizard »

HIVIZ has a front site (light pipe) that fits the CZ 82.
You just need to put the sight in the slot, use a 1/64th drill bit to make a groove in the bottom of the sight (I used a drill press), and re-install the roll pin.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

sights for CZ 82

Post by martilyo »

I considered new sights for my CZ82 , but decided the cost was too high. I went to a local gun show and bought a small bottle of paint to re-paint the sights (I picked yellow). It's like I have a new CZ. Give the paint a try before investing in expensive sights. Plus, the CZ is dead accurate anyway. What's to adjust?
whitewizard

sights for CZ 82

Post by whitewizard »

For the rear sight, I took a 1/64th inch leather punch and made dots out of reflective tape. I had to carefully separate the tape from the backing to install the tape onto each sight area. Then I coated the dots with nail polish, cleaned off the excess and it worked well. The overall effect was that since the new dots were a bit bigger, my sight picture came up somewhat and the pistol is no longer shooting low. I killed 2 birds with one stone all for a roll of tape costing $1.97.
blackblade

sights for CZ 82

Post by blackblade »

whitewizard wrote:For the rear sight, I took a 1/64th inch leather punch and made dots out of reflective tape. I had to carefully separate the tape from the backing to install the tape onto each sight area. Then I coated the dots with nail polish, cleaned off the excess and it worked well. The overall effect was that since the new dots were a bit bigger, my sight picture came up somewhat and the pistol is no longer shooting low. I killed 2 birds with one stone all for a roll of tape costing $1.97.
I used a white nail polish to paint a stripe on the front sight and a used a toothpick to make dots for the rear sights. I followed up with a couple coats of luminiscent yellow paint and cover with nail polish coating (hardener?). Holds a glow for several hours after exposure to daylight, white light, UV light, etc.

Then there's some guy in Arizona that sells "Nitesiters" or something like that. Similar kind of deal. The are glue on luminous strips and dots.
music300

sights for CZ 82

Post by music300 »

Hey wizard, where did you find the reflective tape? John