Sources for CZ82 molded nylon/leather rig?

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

I finally bit the bullet, not wanting to find that there were no CZ82's left in stock at J&G, and ordered one. I opted against the hand-select, altho they had a whopping 9 pistols left in that category, and went the cheaper "good" version... I should have it by the end of the week.

So, now I have a big-brother to my pair of P64's.... and since they share the same cartridge, I naturally want to grab up a decent holster for it.

Now I am no shadow or stick-man, and I know better than to think of anything like an IWB rig. So all I am thinking of is a nicely form-fitted nylon or leather pancake or high-ride belt holster.

I have heard that the CZ83 and the CZ82 are the same except for the cartridge, but I can see that the trigger guard is definitely different on the CZ82. Almost squared off, and seems larger. This obviously will affect the fit for it if put in a molded holster for the CZ83...so since so many of these are being sold lately, who makes decent quality form-fitted rigs for them?

Can someone post some pics and links so us CZ82-ers can see what our options are? I know some of the full-flap Mak holsters will fit, but they don't exactly work for a CCW scenario. I would like to carry this baby once the weather cools for a light jacket!

Thanks in advance!
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

PM Dickfunk, his work is good. Really worth the money.
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

I have heard that Beretta 84 holsters fit the CZ82 very well.
Falco in Slovakia makes some holsters for the CZ83...I got a Falco IWB holster made for the 83, and it fits the round 82 trigger guard great. Falco has an EBAY store. Just do an EBAY search for Falco, and you will find them. I don't think I saw any listed for the CZ's when I looked last time, but if you send them a message, maybe they have something for you that isn't listed.
Myself, I am looking for a used Bianchi Beretta 84 holster to try out.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

Be sure to post a note when you find one! It would make searching much easier to know what other models might also fit the CZ82.

I am specifically wanting a molded holster... I hate the nylon one-size fits all holsters... the molding does a great job securing the gun, but it has to fit correctly! (Nice and snug.)

Thanks
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

They say it will fit perfectly, so I have one on the way. I will post pics and review when it arrives: leather (brown) and molded to the gun for a tight fit... if it doesn't fit, it will go back!

Oh, I spoke with Chris (dick funk) and he has no plans to produce rigs for the CZ82. So he is not an option, unfortunately. I do have a pancake for the P64 en route, and I know he does great work.
Last edited by tooldawg99 on June 8th, 2009, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Some people are crazy, my friend is trying to sell 82's at $298.00. A $120.00 mark up, told him that was pretty a steep profit. Even if I ordered direct for J&G, plus shipping and paid him transfer fee and tax it would still be cheaper. Some people don't listen.
bravo36charlie

Post by bravo36charlie »

I've been told on a few other forums that the Don Hume Leather-40-k9 fits the CZ 82 very well. I cannot say this is 100% certain because I haven't tried that holster yet.

>>>Don Hume J.I.T. Slide<<<
Last edited by bravo36charlie on June 9th, 2009, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.