Bulgarian Makarov

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
rottenrick

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by rottenrick »

Went to a gun show today. A vendor had a Mak in 9x18 for $ 225.00, with 2 mags. Will go back tom. and get it. The local yokels turning their noses up at it, complaining it was an ODD round LOL!! I almost said something, thought better of it. Didn't see any P-64's though. Most of the venders are living in an alternate universe with some of the outragous prices. A guy telling me an SKS was a SNIPER RIFLE. The people just eating it up.
istbankodad

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by istbankodad »

Some of these venders think there going to get rich off the Obama scare and I guess some of them just might profit from it.
Some of the prices I'm seeing are outrageous.
I quit buying guns and ammo altogether, for a while anyway.
rottenrick

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by rottenrick »

ist, Yeah, you're right. Ammo sales were VERY brisk. I told some of the people I know that I saw there about J&G sales. Some of the venders looked a little pissed. The local FFL's who were present, had reps there were directing people to there own shops. I helped them a little by directing folks to them. Some of the prices were just way out there 12 to 15 bucks for a box of 20 7.62x39 WOLF no less. The guys with reasonable prices were cleaning up.
I have a stupid a_ _ question. Where is it written that you had or have to wear cammies to a gun show or shop???? Lot's of 'Arm chair warriors' out today in cammies, can't even claim it's hunting season. I have to laugh to myself about that.
blackblade

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by blackblade »

Pretty much got what I want, but do buy a few C&R guns here and there. I bought another Tokarev and two more spam cans of 7.62x25 to go with it since I needed a good "bear gun" (The Tokarev is just as good as the .44 mag or .45 in this regard imo). I always keep looking for another couple Mausers if the price is right. Otherwise I'm just accumulating a little more 9x18, 7.62x25, 7.62x54R and 8mm Mauser ammo for the time being. Fortunately the rush on firearms and ammo has left our gun collecting niche relatively unscathed. Plenty of inexpensive Tokarev, P-64 and CZ-82 handguns still available (as well as several small cal. 32 guns). Too bad we no longer see $100 C&R Makarovs like the good old days.
Last edited by blackblade on May 30th, 2009, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rottenrick

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by rottenrick »

I forgot the guy that had a TT-33 at the show wanted $300.00 for it. But I've been looking for a good 8mm mauser that's been sporterized, they're out there. Just haven't found what I want yet. Hell, one guy had a mosin m-38 for $350.00, cheap varnish nothing special want $300.00 for an M-44. I like my TT-33,P-64. Think I'll grab that Makarov tom at $225.00 don't think I can pass it up, was in real good shape.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by martilyo »

I found my Bulgarian Mak at a local gun show as well. $200 with holster and extra mag. Like others have said, they didn't like the "odd" round. Idiots! I get my ammo from cheaperthandirt.com and thesportsmansguide.com for around $10-11 for a box of 50, usually I buy 250-500 at a time. It is actually my favorite of my 3 Maks (P64, CZ82 are the other 2).
blackblade

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by blackblade »

I see that SOG has "unissued" Bulgarian Makarovs in stock again. Running around $290 + shipping/transfer.

https://www.southernohiogun.com/index.p ... istol.html
Last edited by blackblade on June 25th, 2009, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaz

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by jaz »

How does one order from SOG--on web site they say they only sell to dealers, no prices are listed. Do they have another web site for retail customers? Or do I have to have my dealer go to web site to get price, etc.
jsmaye

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by jsmaye »

jaz wrote:How does one order from SOG...?
SOG only sells firearms to dealers, though anyone over 21 can buy ammunition from them. SOG used to list their inventory to anyone and reserve the prices for dealers, but that changed several months ago.
jaz

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by jaz »

Thanks, jsmaye.
blackblade

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by blackblade »

I have my C&R on file so I buy some C&R guns through them but have a local 01-FFL on file for transfers. Same thing with Century and others. Bulgy Maks are not C&R tho.
Last edited by blackblade on June 29th, 2009, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaz

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by jaz »

I live in Illinois (Chicago area) no gun shows around here. All guns cost at least $100. more than across the boarder in Indiana. Very few gun shops available here.
Now for my question, has anyone done business with "Florida Gun Works", they have Bulgarian Makarovs for $200. I saw on a web site that they were a 'rip-off' company. I was weondering if anyone here has done business with them. Also do you know of a good dealer that has Makarovs in that price range.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by normsutton »

jaz

don't business with them that is an old add and they are rep off , do search on them , they don't even have Phone No. to call them

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
jaz

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by jaz »

Thanks Norm--I had the feeling they were not quite right, that is why I asked. Glad to be a member of this forum and be able to ask questions about dealers etc.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Bulgarian Makarov

Post by papabear »

Gotta agree with Norm about FGW, they are a stay as far away as you can company, true they have no phone# and they don't answer emails or mail, they have been that way for years.

http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/28486-f ... works.html
POINT SHOOTER