Yahoo! I got one! CZ82 that is

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
lcberlin

Post by lcberlin »

hairypolack wrote: just curious...how much did you pick it up for?

when I see things like the pa-63 going for almost $300, I start to worry.
Oh, man...I slept several times since then!! I don't recall right off what the actual price was. A little more than what J&G had them for, before adding FFL fee. I think it was right around $200, out the door.
richymak

Post by richymak »

I liked the CZ-82 so much I got a second one .I paid about 230 each.I think it's the best Makarov deal going right now.
I have 2@ pa-64 and 2@ pa 63's.
I like them all for different reasons.
I think the 82 is the Kimber of the non original makarovs ;).
The trigger is smooth as silk in DA and SA and recoil is very reasonable.
I'm not going to change the trigger springs (well wolf doesn't even make them ).
I have the recoil spring kit but am in no hurry to try it out.

The Pa-63 is nice also because its light and smaller than the 82.
I did re spring this one. and it shoots great . The recoil spring really takes the sting out of it.I paid (200 ea for them).

The p-64 is great because it is super small (sub compact) and the price is right (about 159 from J and G) You can re spring it but it's not that bad.IT has a heavy 2 step DA and a very light 3 1/2 LBS SA .Maybe try the 22 recoil spring to reduce the felt recoil.

I also had to clean it real good with brake cleaner (grips off) and used a Sharpie ( ;D) to touch up the finish. Also used nail polish to fix the sight dots.
You'll love it. It shoots JHP fine. (of course try them first).

Rich
ogdengunner

Post by ogdengunner »

I saw two CZ-82s in my local gun shop today. I will not be able to pick one up, if I do, until about the 10th of June. However, the price is going to have to be negotiated for me to buy. They are asking $349.95. Wow! I may change my mind unless they will negotiate down quite a bit. The salesperson did say that no one is looking at them.
What do you think the chances are of getting them down $80 to $100?
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

ogden, order from J&G have it sent to a local FFL, LOT CHEAPER THAN $349.00. Heck you're closer to them than most of us. Mine charges me $20.00 transfer fee every other gun purchase (I share ammo load shipments , sometimes I buy extra. If he needs some I help him out. He helps me with fees. ) I didn't see any 82's at the show today. J&G selling 82's for $179.00.
ogdengunner

Post by ogdengunner »

Rick,

That will be my backup plan. I am going in there on the 10th with the most current ad from J&G. I already know what they charge for the FFL shipping. I am going to offer them the J&G price plus shipping and FFL charge plus 10%. That is around $220. If the refuse, then I will order from J&G.

I am hoping once they realize I have other options, they will come down to a reasonable price. Plus they also have a Hi-Point 40SW carbine I have my eye on. I was also thinking of offering the $349 for both. We will see what happens.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

ogden do you get a J&G sale flyer?? If you do carry it with you, you'ed be amazed at some of the reactions. I had one in my back pocket, then was carrying it around folded so you could see the J&G. Some cut the B.S. then. I was having fun listening to some of the sales pitches, as an observer. What do you think of the HI-Point carbine?? It's not pretty,but looks to be a good value. I see the 9mm's ,but very few .40 S&W. They have a good rep. They're not pretty, but who cares as long as it works. One of the things that did interest me was Kel-Tec 2000 carbine had one of those for sale this show, but was in 9mm, taking S&W 59 mags, tempting, but I'm looking for a .40 cal, then maybe getting a companion gun taking the same mags. The Bulgarian MAK was gone, knew I should have gone back with the money yesterday. Did notice
NO ONE had any 9x18 for sale, none. I'll wait for another show in Jacksonville, then go hunting. I wish you luck.
ogdengunner

Post by ogdengunner »

Hey Rick,

That is what I plan on doing. I also plan on having the latest flyer from either J&G or centerfire with me. Centerfire shows the P64 for 149.95. Who knows, maybe I can fanagle a deal for another P64 and the CZ82 for that same 349.95. That what sure make my ammo choices easier. And since my other gun is a Taurus 40S&W, the hi-point would be a good choice as well. As far as looks go, yes the hi-point is commonly referred to as fugly, but there is an aftermarket stock available that makes it look more like an AR so modifying would not be a big issue. I will let you know in a couple of weeks what I came up with.

Mike(ogdengunner)