CZ-70

Photos of guns, gear, ranges, etc.
lklawson

CZ-70

Post by lklawson »

My new-to-me CZ-70

I've talked about it on some other forums so I'll leave out the gory details here.

I had a Dr. appt in the early AM yesterday so I decided to take the whole morning off and get down to the range. I needed to 1) Sight in a laser on my PF9 2) test out the chambers I polished on a IJ 22SUPERSHOT 3) Break in a brand new NEOS 3) test the function of my new-to-me CZ-70

I knew I'd be spending the majority of the time just running rounds through the NEOS so I only took the three mags I had for the CZ-70 pre-loaded.

Well, 24 perfect rounds of Fiocchi and I am duly impressed. 3 targets at 21". Took me 1 target to get the feel for the gun but all the rounds stayed on paper. After that I was plugging all rounds in the black. Wow. If I were to spend any quality time with this gun I could probably teach it to tear a ragged hole in the bull.

I only fired in SA. It has a ton of slack but draws decent enough after that is taken up even if it is pretty heavy. I don't know why people complain about the recoil. It was a lot lighter recoiling than a Makarov and downright pleasant compared to the PF9 which preceded it in my hands.

I officially like this gun. Now if only I can tame that abysmal DA trigger weight! If I can get the trigger weight down to "normal human" range and still be reliable, I will bling up the grips. I'm thinking "white pearl" or "imitation ivory."

Kel Tec P32, RADOM P64, CZ-70

CZ-70 and P64

Makarov and CZ-70

CZ-70 and Makarov from top

Makarov and CZ-70 from heel

CZ-70 and Kel-Tec P11

Kel-Tec PF9 and CZ-70

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: CZ-70

Post by mike1050 »

What kind of coating did you use on that p-11? It's different.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

It's a custom Duracoat color ("aged copper"/bronze) by Don Haney.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
peter2011

Post by peter2011 »

I love the good old Pistols. Nice.
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

I wish I could find a CZ-70 somewhere. I think SOG has them, but unfortunately they're not C&R. :(
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

DoubleTap wrote:I wish I could find a CZ-70 somewhere. I think SOG has them, but unfortunately they're not C&R. :(
I had to hunt to find that one. I got a pretty good deal on it considering the condition & extra mags.

No, the '70 is not C&R (more's the pitty) but the 50 is and it's nearly the same gun.

Century has both. Their '50 is $200 and is C&R. Their '70 is $150 so you'd have to pay FFL fees plus any dealer markup. Still, you might be able to get it from >=$200

Czech 50 Pistol, Cal. 7.65mm
http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.a ... =HG775%2DG
Perfect concealed carry, or backup handgun! Comes with one 8 rd. mag. Barrel: 3.625”, Overall: 6.5”, Weight: 1.45 lbs. Condition: Good.
Price: $199.87

Czech 70 Pistol, Cal. .32 ACP
http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.a ... =HG762%2DG
The same strong clean lines as the popular CZ 52, but it has been designed as the perfect concealed carry or backup handgun. 8 rd. mag. Barrel: 3.25", Overall: 6.5", Weight: 1.5 lbs. Not available for sale in California. Condition: Good.
Price: $149.87

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

PS,
I'm going shooting with a friend tomorrow morning at Vandalia Range and Armory, 10AM (when they open). I'll bring the '70 if you want. You supply the ammo, I'll supply the gun.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

Got BOXES?
CZ 70.jpg
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Got BOXES?
No, but those are pretty cool!

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk