P-64 WITH BABY

Photos of guns, gear, ranges, etc.
fully machined

P-64 WITH BABY

Post by fully machined »

Thanks to everybody for the forum. My interest has been rekindled. I bought this 1961 Browning last week and knew someone had given it the sharpie black pen touch up and stove black paint or something on it.. I removed the grips and placed the little pistol on several white towels and sprayed with brake cleaner--- sure enough all came off instantly leaving the white towels black!!! The good news was that no one has scrubed anything much. All I used was a nylon brush and mineral spirts soakings with some oil. I think it will come around with a few more oil wipe downs. Again thanks P-64 for giving me the gumption and confidence to take this pistol completely apart and reassembe it. P.S. I thought I had screwed up some where on reassembly because it would not fire---Forgot this old pistol was designed with a mag safety!!! Mag inserted all ok. Thought that was something new.

p1.jpg
p2.jpg
Gary2112

Re: P-64 WITH BABY

Post by Gary2112 »

When you say you tore it down, you weren't kidding! I have been learning a lot about the P64 here, and it's helped me do what little I've done to my gun. I don't know if I feel comfortable enough to take it all the way down to the frame though.

Nice job on the Browning!
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

Fully machined you gave me a chuckle . I had the same thing done to my Baby browning .
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Is the top pic the before cleaning pic?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

Top pic is after cleaning. About 50% bluing with no deep pits. Not bad for a 1961. I was in a pawn shop out of state over the weekend and was digging through used holster and everything else boxes. A friend of mine always smiles at me for doing this but always joins in too. I almost had a heart attack when I found this and the shop owner said small pouches are $3.00 and large are $5. Got a pouch for the baby and an old J.M.Buchimer Co. pouch that weighs about a pound empty, ultra heavy nauga and sheep or something fur inside. Inside looks like it was never used and on the top above the tag it says "28X". Hard to get something of this quality anymore.
B. POUCH.jpg
J.M.B..jpg