P-64 "SMOOTHIE"

Photos of guns, gear, ranges, etc.
fully machined

P-64 "SMOOTHIE"

Post by fully machined »

Loving this pistol.This took wayyyy longer than I thought it would. Started off with a dremel cut off wheel then worked way down to 400 grit. The resin was like working with rubber. I had to work it one way and then the other to get it to break off. It started with the backstrap and I just went from there.
1111.jpg
Gary2112

Re: P-64 "SMOOTHIE"

Post by Gary2112 »

I like the look that it creates. Did you have an extra set of grips to use on the gun while you sanded away? Or did you man up and just roll the dice? How does the grip feel now?
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

Yes, I had another set of grips--- on another one!!!! No more grill hand, especially from the back strap. Feels very nice. Some people might want more of a textured grip, but after 50 rounds or so the stockers would dig in. I will probably order some of those nice wood grips. Sometimes when I look at a P-64 with the wood grips the pistol looks like its half wood--- need to see one in person. Here's the coolest part, at least I think, about my cheap out custom grips: take a quarter and stand it sideways on a countertop- approx. .953" height. Stock pistol is approx. 1.090". Thickest at bottom of grips with raised ridge. A quarter rises just above my pistol coming in at about .945" So this pistol is THIN!!!!
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

Yeah, I agree with you about the wood grips. The craftsmanship is amazing, but the grip seems like it swallows the gun. I'd have to see one in person myself too.

Your Smoothie certainly is thin. I'll bet lopping off the thumb rest made a huge difference measured thickness.
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.