P64 from J&G

Photos of guns, gear, ranges, etc.
mstrausbough

P64 from J&G

Post by mstrausbough »

Did not pay for hand pic. Very pleased. Mint Bore. some holster wear. Already upgraded to 17lb hammer spring
Attachments
P64 from JG Sales_1.jpg
Dr. Seuss
Former Navy Corpsman
C&R FFL

Frederick County, Maryland
Nutnspecial

Re: P64 from J&G

Post by Nutnspecial »

Nice! I used to live in Carney, MD on Joppa Rd. right about the time that P-64 of yours was made. :)
How is the 17# hammer spring? Some P-64s will drop the mag at 17 but are better with the 18. Also, how is the SA trigger with the 17?
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

Nice 1968.
I saw this post and call J&G and said "I would like to ORDER two 60's P-64." He said, can't remember his name, that would have to be hand select. I said O.K. He then said that the hand select would not pertain to the condition of the pistol only looking for it. Again, I said O.K. Then he said he would have to charge me a hand select if he did not find any!!!!! After recovering for a few seconds I thanked him for his time. I started the conversation in an assertive tone because I was not just looking, I was ready to order.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Must be a union shop :)
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
wlockridge

Re: P64 from j&g

Post by wlockridge »

This is my "new" Polish p 64. I was a revolver man my whole career, didn't trust semi- autos and still don't for the most part. Amazing how something you bought on a whim for $150.00 can change your outlook. I would trust this little gun anywhere any time and for me that's saying a lot. I passed on the plastic Glocks, the Smiths, ect. I don't believe in the spray and pray way of thinking and if the safety is a little lever in the trigger, YOU HAVE NO SAFETY no matter what the salesman said. Shoot first, shoot fast, and hit what yoou're shooting at. You don't need 30 rounds to get the job done. Anyway I love this littie thing and would feel safe taking it anywhere. This will be my new ccw. I never thought I'd see the day but I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks .............. sometimes. :D The guy had two and now I wish I had bought then both. I'll be on the hunt, trust me. I'm not much of a photographer but in person they both looked like new. Took me two hours to strip it and clean the cosmoline off of it but oh well a little work never killed anyone. Nice forum, nice people, glad I found it.
Attachments
DSCI0052.JPG
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Nice one and I never bought a "plastic" gun either.

Yes it's all about shot placement.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary