http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z37 ... 11/003.jpg

any thoughts on the grips i just recintly duracoated the slide flat black
and the frame a dark grey to go with the grips better ill post some pics later
only god can judge me..................
lklawson

Re: my pa63

Post by lklawson »

bigdog84 wrote:i love this thing pa63 with camo grips
I like the PA63. It's comfortable to carry and was high on my CC list before I purchased a Kel Tec PF9.
any thoughts on the grips i just recintly duracoated the slide flat black
and the frame a dark grey to go with the grips better ill post some pics later
Each to his own. The camo grips are nice and I like the work Designer Grips does. But, in all honesty, if I'm replacing stock grips, I'm way more of a wood guy. If I ever replace the grips on my PA63 I'll probably select some sort of dark rosewood or a red-overtoned wood of some sort. Just seems to set off the PA63 to me.

I like duracoat. But I'm not a fan of flat black or flat gray on guns in general and in specific it just feels "wrong" to me to put it on anything except a pure utilitarian gun. I'm not saying "bling it up dude!" but flat black and gray are just a little bit too utilitarian for my tastes. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess my idea of beauty is with guns is more along the idea of "classy"/classic than "tactical" stylings.

All that said, there's not a thing wrong with dressing your gun to suit your tastes. In the end, I'm just happy you're packing and we can definitely agree that the PA63 is a great gun. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
bigdog84

Post by bigdog84 »

i completly undrstand everone has thier own taste in not into the wood look on handguns but love them on aks i wouldnt have it any other way,the reason i painted the slide is i was sick of it always having fingure prints on it it just always bothered me in that sence,i went with flat black only because ive seen on the newer pa63 that came out that my local gun store has they made the slides in like a flat black not thier not like the other ones with that shiny finish not sure why they did this he ordered 20 of them and all were like that.
any how i kinda liked how it looked,once i did my slide it looked great ill post a pic in a bit i did not do the frame as i decided not to even mess with it.
but it is a great gun for little money
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

I'm looking forward to the pics.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

For a range gun or a safe queen I would go with custom grips etc.
Not on any gun I carry in public (CCW) or in my vehicles.
Get yourself into a social situation and the prosecutor may go after you as some kind of "Rambo" with a gun that looks like that.....

In the end though it is your gun, your life.....I support you in the hobby.
bigdog84

Post by bigdog84 »

i understand its just a safe queen carry once in a while