Picked up a new toy today

Photos of guns, gear, ranges, etc.
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Picked up a new toy today

Post by mike1050 »

I just picked up a Taurus Millenniun pro 45 acp today. I can't wait to yake it to the range Saturday. This is my firs 45.
Attachments
DSCN0029.JPG
DSCN0029.JPG (68.34 KiB) Viewed 11571 times
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Picked up a new toy today

Post by juniustaylor »

Congrats, hope you like it!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

mike1050,

Congrats on your first 45acp, I personally think you are going to like it a bunch, you get a lota bang for your buck with the Taurus Millennium Pro PT145. I have had mine for a couple years and shot it a lot with FNJ and JHP it eat em all up, no burps no runs no errors, and the recoil for me anyway is light, handles great and at 10 yards for my old eyes is accurate, looking forward to your range report.

Here's mine
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by mike1050 »

There were some mixed reviews on it. But I have had a couple tauruses in the past. And I have an older Taurus 38 and never have had any problems with any of them.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

mike1050,

Most likely there will always be mixed reviews on all makes and models of guns, even with Colts and S&W, my experience with Taurus as been a positive one for many years including the older models of Taurus, I too have had and still do have a model 85 that I have had since 1989, and don't plan on parting with it.

mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by mike1050 »

Here's mine. Im not sure how old it is. It was my grandfathers. I've tried searching the serial number on Taurus, but it comes back not found. On one side of the gun it says Forjas Taurus, and Spesco Corp Atlanta Georga on the other.
Attachments
2010-04-31.jpg
2010-04-31.jpg (9.56 KiB) Viewed 11523 times
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by mike1050 »

I have even called Taurus, They said they can't find anything either. They also said to look in between the cylinder and the frame or a model number but there isn't one there either.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

WOW that is a old one, way older than mine. I'll do some checking and see if I can find what era its from.

Papa
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by mike1050 »

I did notice on the hinge for the cylinder 903a is stamped on it. But Taurus hasn't a clue they said they don't have access to an item this old. My father said he remembered shooting it with my grandfather when he was younger. There are no problems with it at all. It would just be nice to get some kind of info on it.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

I'm pretty sure its a model 84 38 special, probably made in the 70's or early 80's. best I can come up with at this time.
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

A couple of Pt111 pros, a pt138 and a pt140 in the millenium pro line. I am looking to add the pt145 and the pt132 when I find one at the right price. I have enjoyed my pt pros and have had no issues with them. Looking forward to a range report.
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by mike1050 »

RANGE REPORT

Whent to my buddies farm Saturday. Only shot 60 rounds, it was getting dark and we ran out of time. Used Remington UMC FMJ 230g, and Blazer FMJ 230g. The Remingtons, a couple of times ftf'd. But the Blazers seemd to to very well. And for some reason a couple of times the slide was very hard to rack, Maybe the magazine need broken in. I have to say I am no fan of the streight 8 sights. No matter what we did it still seemed to shoot just a little low. I think I might look into some different sights. My Brother in law went through the same issues. He said he called Taurus and they sent him a set of 3 dot sights at no charge. I might give them a call Monday. Over all I do like how smooth it handles. There was alot less recoil then I was expecting. After a few more visits to the range, and breaking her in everything should be great. Overall I like it alot.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Appreciate the range report, I admit that at first I didn't like the one white dot sights, but for me it was the first time I had used the Heinie sights, after I got use to them I liked em, but I point shoot mostly and really don't use the sights when I practice for HD shooting, for target shooting It did take a while to adjust to the Heinie sights but now I like em but 10-15 yards is all I target shoot with the PT145.
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by mike1050 »

I am going to the range next weekend. I think I will give them another go before I even think about replacing them.
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by mike1050 »

I contacted Taurus this morning regarding the sights. It is $10.00 for a 2 dot rear sight. I am going to wait until my next range visit to decide.