Where are my manners, I forgot to show off my new gun....

Photos of guns, gear, ranges, etc.
camekanix

Re: Where are my manners, I forgot to show off my new gun...

Post by camekanix »

Back to the JA 22 question. I bought my GF one after a shoulder injury caused her to limp-wrist her 380. Darned thing is more accurate than it ought to be. I had a blast breaking it in!
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.
Maaso

Post by Maaso »

I put three rounds through it the other day....into a Math text book in my basement. I don't know if it was the fact I was directly chambering a round and not using the mag. But I was having extraction issues....it might have been my loose "afraid of slide-bite" grip I had on it too. I don't know, I'll take it out and play with it some more.
mellisallen

Post by mellisallen »

my wife has a jimenez 380 and after alittle "tuning" it works great. it had a horrible gritty trigger but cleaned up nice. it was good enuff that i picked up the 9mm they make. it was only 135 bucks and i couldnt leave the gun show empty handed
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by mike1050 »

I had a jimanez ja-9. Be very careful. The darn thing ftf every other round and the third Tim shooting it the slide flew off.
mellisallen

Post by mellisallen »

ive heard of these problems, (of course after i bought it :oops: ), ive put 50rds through it and not a single glitch so far (fingers crossed)
i dont plan on shooting it alot, and plan on doing an inspection befor and after any range trips. it will probably just be a SHTF backup gun
on a plus side it has a lifetime warrenty so if anything breaks it can be replaced (wish p64s had that :D )
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Some folks look at the lifetime warranty being stupid. "If the company just made them good the first time, then they wouldn't spend so much money on fixing them" is what is usually said. I have 2 Phoenix Arms' .22's and 1 Hi-Point .40 S&W. I really don't care, they are beater guns that will shoot and don't matter if they get scratched/beat up. I'll shoot the crap out of them and when they break, oh well. I'm sure I got my use out of them.

Good practice mellisallen on doing inspections before and after shooting. I think you'll be alright with you Jimenez 9mm. Most all of these guns are made from the Zamak stuff and it's normally pretty durable.
mellisallen

Post by mellisallen »

im not too worried. something people dont always know is that there is different grades of zamak, based on the copper to zink ratio. the more copper the more durrable and less prone to fatigue.
anyways i always do inspections as you said it is a good practice.