P64 store?

Place for info and feedback/suggestions on the website or forum.
hairypolack

P64 store?

Post by hairypolack »

I was wondering if a kind of site store has been kicked around here as a possibility. I am a part of 7.62X54r.net, which just got a store running complete with t-shirts to buttons featuring receiver markings of different models of the Mosin Nagant rifles and so on. I was wondering if a possible store would be an idea to generate some cash for the site. Maybe a shirt with a centered p64 with the words "Call it a PPK" above it and below the graphic, finish the thought like so, "and see what happens." That was probably a bad example, but I would not mind sporting a P64 shirt around campus.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

P64 store?

Post by dfunk »

I've actually thought of the same sort of thing, but more focused on parts with the addition of merchandise like shirts, pins, etc. I guess my issue is

There are no parts to sell! (other than Norm's springs, of course)

In all seriousness, I'd be open to ideas and would like to gauge interest of this.
hairypolack

P64 store?

Post by hairypolack »

I was thinking of more the merchandise side since the amount of parts is just not there. You could also use it as another way to sell your holsters.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

P64 store?

Post by dfunk »

I'll definitely look into it - I have quite a few high-res images and logos for this site.
hairypolack wrote:You could also use it as another way to sell your holsters.
Good point, but honestly, this is a community driven site that was started for the love of this gun. I don't want to impose or make anyone feel that their donations to help the site stay up would somehow trickle into my leather.
hairypolack

P64 store?

Post by hairypolack »

dickfunk wrote:I'll definitely look into it - I have quite a few high-res images and logos for this site.
hairypolack wrote:You could also use it as another way to sell your holsters.
Good point, but honestly, this is a community driven site that was started for the love of this gun. I don't want to impose or make anyone feel that their donations to help the site stay up would somehow trickle into my leather.
Good point about your leather. I wouldn't want to lose the community feel about this place.
ronbuick

P64 store?

Post by ronbuick »

where can a guy buy a couple of mags?? thanks.

Ron
Ron Neisler, Emmett, Idaho
kurremkarm

P64 store?

Post by kurremkarm »

J&G sales has some and keepshooting.com as well. There is a gun show in my hometown this weekend and I'm gonna check and see if they have any there.
layer

P64 store?

Post by layer »

The problem I see with buying mags online is how do you know if they are compatible with your model/year?
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

P64 store?

Post by juniustaylor »

You don't, you just hope they're the right mags. No matter what, I'm sure they can be "altered" to function with the gun. GunBroker has some mags on there but the seller is from Warsaw, Poland. So, you can't use PayPal which leaves you with money order / transfer. "mellisallen" bought some from that seller, you should send him a PM and see if he received them and what type (short / long) feed lips. With JG Sales, you're going to waste almost $10 in shipping, which is stupid IMHO. However, the only convenience is that you "may" get it sooner than trying to get it from Poland and you can charge it to a card, etc.

--EDIT: current GB auction:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =158800935
Last edited by juniustaylor on February 26th, 2010, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
mellisallen

P64 store?

Post by mellisallen »

as an update on the mag from poland: the guy has got the money and im now waiting for the mag to get here. i dont know how long its gonna take but man do i hate waiting. the free shipping he offered was a great deal but the next time i get one, (which i will) ill probably go with somewhere else
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

P64 store?

Post by juniustaylor »

Good info to know mellisallen. That's kind of a bummer that you haven't got it yet. The guy has 216 A+ ratings, so he has to be a good seller. I guess in the end you just have a trade-off, pay more and get it sooner and the ability to pay with debit/credit/whatever you want rather than pay less and have to wait and mail a money order or do a wire transfer. Hopefully it gets to you sooner than you think.

Toward this subject, I think it would be interesting if there was some small amount of merchandise. It could enhance public visibility if folks brought a coffee mug into their work places or wore a t-shirt around and people get to see it and are interested. Plus, it would help to pay for the site and I'm sure that everyone on here could trust that it wouldn't go toward your leather fund :P dickfunk. Leather is one of those items that pays for itself exponentially. I think it could work. This is a good site full of info, good people who are willing to share their insight, and people not too bashful to ask a question.
Last edited by juniustaylor on February 26th, 2010, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: P64 store?

Post by dfunk »

Okay guys, due to popular demand, I've set a small merch store with a few cool things. All proceedes go to paying the bills here. Thanks!

http://www.printfection.com/p64

nametrux

Post by nametrux »

Nice. I guess I need a mug for tea.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

DF

THANKS