Is there a feedback rating on here?

Place for info and feedback/suggestions on the website or forum.
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

I looked for one, but can't find such a thing. If there isn't one, maybe it could be incorporated into the user profile and displayed at the bottom of the members post where the [Reply] [Send Topic To Friend] [Print] line is or under his Username. That way at a glance a potential buyer can see excatly what kind of standing the member has on this board.

those threads with reviews on them is alright if you have less then 100 members, but as this site grows, which I'm sure it will, those members will just get lost in the hundreds of pages, where it will just be so much nothing. Something to think about
Last edited by prometheus on January 26th, 2007, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

prometheus

What type of feedback are you referring to? Buyer/Seller/Trader feedback?
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Not a bad idea "prometheus"! On the individual thread, folks tend to post the quality of the product they received. Let me put a "Sticky" thread on the For Sale section and when anyone has good or bad comments about a particular seller or buyer, they can post it there. Of course, there will be rules! Take a look at the latest sticky!
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

I agree with prometheus - if it is possible, a "score" or rating should be posted with the seller/buyer's profile. If we just make comments (like I just did on the buyer/trader forum) they will get buried over time. It does sound like extra work for the moderator ...
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

I agree with prometheus - if it is possible, a "score" or rating should be posted with the seller/buyer's profile. If we just make comments (like I just did on the buyer/trader forum) they will get buried over time. It does sound like extra work for the moderator ...
That is what I was alluding to, but you phrased so much better. threads on feedback will get buried, and over time will just be 100s of pages, that frankely will be useless . Best example I can give is what the AR-15.com is like, it's bascially a giant mess just to find what a seller, or a buyers feedback is, you have to basically look at each and every post through 100s of pages. I don't know if that is possible on this board, but it would be very helpful, all the buyer has to do is just look at the seller rating under his username, or elsewhere like in his profile, and see how many positve and negatitive feedbacks he has and the comments, sort of like what e-bay has.

if something like a 'E-BAYish" feedback is not possible, then what about each member has his own thread in a feedback forum with his username as the subject, that way all one has to do is click on his username, it opens up, and all feedback comments can be posted or looked at in that thread, the good, the bad and the ugly. That will make it all nice and tidy, instead of having all his feedback spread all over the place. Another good thing about that, is the seller can link his thread at the end of the ad, and potential buyers can click on that and read the other members comment for that individual.

also make it so that it can't be edited once posted. Because as we all know the way human nature is, someone is bound to get mad at someone else, and he will go back and change his positive comment to a negative one, just for spite.

Just a sugguestion.
Last edited by prometheus on January 27th, 2007, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Good Suggestions! Currently, the Feedbacl thread is the best I can do without adding another section heading for feedback and I don't have the authority to do this on the website. I will see if this is possible. Bear with me, as I am traveling a lot more lately and time is not on my side, LOL!