Would you like this? Rifles

Place for info and feedback/suggestions on the website or forum.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Well, would it be used? Could it help us grow? Would it offer more to the Buy, Sell, and Trade area? Things to consider. Thanks for your votes and input - your feedback is how we grow and expand. Enjoy!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

May be one section about
Rifles
and one for
Other Pistols
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

I instantly began to over-think the question. A forum on P-64's is a pretty narrow topic for sure, but how to organize it so it's P-64's and rifles? This forum hasn't really even tried to include other 9x18-chambered weapons. Something like Norm wrote, maybe sections on other Com-block and US Military rifles and pistols? What would the focus be? I will continue to over-think for a while.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Interesting proposal :) I understand that some folks resist change for many reasons but mostly I think it is because we get use to a certain way of doing things and don't want a change, we what to keep things status quo, and in some case's that can be a good thing.

I belong to a few other boards and I use the same handle [ID] on them as I do here. I enjoy them because they offer a variety of topics, even though my interest my not be in all of them. However, I do enjoy reading and learning of different areas of interest of guns in general. I mainly collect or as my wife say, "Accumulate", WWI & WWII rifles and handguns. I enjoy doing and going to gun shows and by having read these other "areas of interest" I have a better knowledge of what, where, when and how, and not least of all Price.

As I state earlier, I am at a cross road on this issue, because on one hand I am some what selfish about wanting to keep this board strictly about the P-64 and yet I would also like to see it expand. One example of a board that has expanded is the H&A Message Board: http://handgunsandammo.proboards36.com/index.cgi?

This board is mainly for the info and discussion of the 9mm High Power semi-auto, however, they have topics of all sorts also, ie., the 1911, Revolvers, Rifles, Ammo, etc, etc., which has expanded this board to a much larger membership. I enjoyed this board for many months and did not and have not every had a 9mm anything. However, on one thread in the high power topic I read about the Star BM 9mm and became interested and finally after asking questions on the H&A board and searching for this pistol I found and purchased one, and I have never regretted it for one moment, and yet if I had not read about it on this board I would probably not have known or every purchased this pistol, I would have been left out from enjoying this very enjoyable to shoot and inexpensive pistol.

I realize this is just one example, but I think it brings out the reasons I would want to go back again and again to read the posts on the H&A board and quite possible it have the same effect here. Now my question is, do I what to expand this P-64 board, or be selfish and want to keep it as it is. I voted "YES", to bring in other topics, but that is just my $0.02 worth

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

For what it's worth, Glock Talk solved this by creating a section called Non-Glock Firearms, which leaves it open to ANY firearm. Satisfies both rifle and handgun, and keeps it pretty simple, IMO.

http://glocktalk.com/index.php

Stan
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

After reading papbear's post and going to the H&A forum, I too have changed my mind and decided to vote to have more than P-64 on the forum. I changed my mind from, Not Caring to Yes, so it wasn't a giant leap. Later Don
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

I too originally replied to the poll as not caring but after more consideration I also have changed my mind. The P-64 is great and interest in the P-64 has brought us to this forum. Most of us, however have probably been gun enthusiasts for some time before we ever knew about the P-64. As much as I appreciate the P-64 I also appreciate many, many other fine firearms, including revolvers, pistols and rifles. The P-64 Resource Board is a unique forum for a single pistol but I am wondering if it may begin to stagnate. I love the P-64. I also love blondes. But what about those great brunettes, redheads and black haired beauties? Hey, diversity is good. I say lets go for it.
Last edited by beasleydano on December 15th, 2006, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

I must add that P-64 interest is growing, not waning, as more and more people are discovering the Czak. Have also noticed that talk about our pistol is turning positive on the Makarov board, and more folks are being sent over here.

Also keep in mind that the supply has not dried up as expected, and we should see more, not less interest in this specialized board, which focuses on what P-64 owners, new and old alike, really want.
For now, I vote to keep it like it is, as long as membership does not wane, and I do think it will increase for some time.

Stan
herrmannek

Post by herrmannek »

Maybe you could focus on other Polish items... I read many people building AKs from polish kits, some of them have problems with them etc things.... Anyway you are probably only English language forum dedicated to any Polish weapon :) So big thanks :)
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

Including from time to time a little rifle stuff is like opening your
windows at home to let in fresh air after a long winter. New
ideas & interests are sparked, but we still have our great P64s
to chat about.

:)
rjsixgun

Post by rjsixgun »

Yes to Rifles and I'd also add a section for CZ-pistols, there's alot of CZ-82 fans that love P-64's
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

Voted yes, it's not a zero-sum game I think--we can add other stuff without subtracting the CZAK...I think the P64 theme is well enough established now that it wouldn't get swallowed up...Even now, we have our "off-topic" threads.
truth

Post by truth »

"The Unofficial P-64 Resource MESSAGE BOARD"

Now what do you think would be the topic of most conversation here??? Your I. Q. doesn't have to be that high to figure it out.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

I vote for Stan's suggestion: a section on non - P-64 firearms would be welcome and may lead to growth of the forum. View the Glock forum, for instance, it has sections on the Makarov, the 1911, Rugers, Berettas, Walthers, Kel Tec, just about any manner of weapon including swords ... even a section devoted to getting along with people, which may be useful here. Doesn't have a P-64 section though.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

I agree.