Informal email-in shooting competition

Previous Sticky Threads and other good info. Check this out first!
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

The posted targets look good! Good shooting guys. I may be young but you guys have certainly set the bar really high. I have my work cut out for me this Thursday when I get to the range.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

:DI can't wait! once I get my grips back from Troy I'm getting down to the range as fast as possible ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Hello All, :)
Going to try to get to the range tomorrow morning. Came down with some rather interesting spots all over my body last evening, kind of like connect the dots spots. Last night they cheated and decided to connect themselves into one large mass. Dr. said it wont kill me right away, but he promises that with the med's he gave me are going to make me sleepy for a few day's. Guess what, I took them this morning and I'm wound up like a ten day watch. I sure hope he's right about that It wont kill me right away comment, I need to survive long enough to send in the target.
So far the med's are working miracles. ;D
Gunney Rabbit.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

I had a case of poison ivy that did something like that once, (if bumps and spots mean the same thing in what you wrote)

so I guess your probably setting 100yard dash records right now (1:36am), I hope you can settle down enough to get your aim steady, good luck!
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

I'm open for whatever the group decides. I think points in rings and tie breaker be group size. When are we looking to have this done? Just so I understand, 5 shots @ 10 yard distance with the "gridtarget.pdf". Is this correct?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Thomas

rules and target posting are here

http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1182398693

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

So far the targets posted have nearly all rounds inside a 4 inch circle. That's like hitting a fruit jar lid every time at 30 feet. I'd say that's not at all for a pistol as small as the P-64.
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

Norm,

Gotcha! I'm ready and am impressed by some of the target results. I hope to hold my own with each of you.

Thanks. I will be shooting next week at the range.
spyguy

Post by spyguy »

Nice target spyguy,
Must be that younger steadier hand you and carguy have. Way to fire! :)
LOL, thanks......

I'm not often referred to as one of the "young guys" so I'll take it!

This is turning out to be a really good idea. I hope more folks post up their targets.

So, I had a thought for the next round if this one finishes as well as it started. What if the entries were submitted to one person, then all posted on the last day of the competition? I'm thinking that would maybe foster more entries and maybe even curb the potential that someone might be tempted to fudge a little...
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

I like it
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

OK Guys,
Went to the range today to have ago at the postal shoot and was Lucky if I could hit the target. NOT THE GUNS FAULT! This medication that my physician has me on for what ever god awful allergy I have come down with has given me the shacks so bad I was unable to keep the sights on the target. I guess I'm going to have to sit this one out or hope for a miracle within the next six days. Best of luck to every one who enters, I sure wish I could play with you all.
Gunney Rabbit.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

how long are you supposed to be on the meds, and is there a window where you don't have to take it? (say before a certain time)
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Trent,
According to th scripting on the side of the bottles it looks like the next thirteen days. They seem to be working, I'm no longer trying to crawl out of my skin, but if I don't take the med's right on time the hives slowly come back. My Dr. says it will be a process of elimination and lots of lab work, scratch and patch tests with eventual subcutaneous injections. Boy doesn't that sound like fun.
Any how it looks like I'm out for this shoot, my fine motor skills are shot to h-e-double hockey sticks until I get off of the steroids and antihistamines. I will be watching you all and rooting you on, I'm looking foreword to the next shoot.
Good Luck to Every One Who Enters.
Gunney Rabbit.

P.S.
The first targets coming in look like pretty good shooting, some of you boys would be hard to beat!
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on June 29th, 2007, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lies

Post by lies »

An old man I use to rabbit hunt with had hives, he called it "shingles" but either way it is bad stuff....Hope you feel better and get straight.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

G.R.

Sorry you can't make the shoot, that's a tough break, get well as soon as you can, and start practicing for our next shoot. Be thinking about ya partner.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER