some P-64 history

Previous Sticky Threads and other good info. Check this out first!
fjblackesq

some P-64 history

Post by fjblackesq »

""Mucho gracias i dzienkuje bardzo"" (thnx very much) , fjblackesq(aka Pan Czernikowski)
butch50

some P-64 history

Post by butch50 »

It would be great if the surviving designers could be contacted, just to let them know how highly we prize their design.
tunnelrat

some P-64 history

Post by tunnelrat »

Excellent! Thank you.

i dzienkuje bardzo!
lobo7oro

some P-64 history

Post by lobo7oro »

I sounds rather like a grunt, to me.
nscale

some P-64 history

Post by nscale »

It sounda like "Jack" or "Tack"
herrmannek

some P-64 history

Post by herrmannek »

I did one more test with text-to-speech..

http://demo.acapela-group.com/
and "Chuck" is closest what you can get without actually learning polish :) Pole would not hear much of a difference...
Last edited by herrmannek on January 6th, 2006, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fjblackesq

some P-64 history

Post by fjblackesq »

TO ALL POLISH MERMBERS: "Pomyslnoci w Nowym Roku - 2006" HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006
pezzonovante

some P-64 history

Post by pezzonovante »

And the very best to you, American members of the forum: from Poland with love. :-*
You're really great, and we really appreciate the effort you put into creating and running this forum. You justly deserve any support you need from us. People, keep up the good work! ;D
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

some P-64 history

Post by dolang1 »

Herrmannek, Thanks for showing me the acapela site. I finally learned how to say "zastava". I have had the pistol for several months and did not know how to pronounce it. I plan to put a 32NAA barrel in it with a 380 Mag out of Zastava model 67. This would make a really nice weapon. Heavy enough to absorb the recoil of the 32NAA but not too big to carry. Do any of you more knowledgable Milsurp addicts have an opinion? thanks again, Herrmannek
butch50

some P-64 history

Post by butch50 »

That Zastava modification to 32NAA sounds like a great idea. Have you done this before? Does it require machining?
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

some P-64 history

Post by dolang1 »

No, I have not done it before. From what I understand, all parts on the zastava model 70 (32cal.) and the model 67 (380cal.) are interchangeble accept the barrel and the magazine. I hope Makarov.com starts selling the barrels for the zastava like they have for the Maks. The zastava comes apart like a 1911. Just change barrels and magazines and your ready.
autom8r

some P-64 history

Post by autom8r »

Hey Gang,

I just discovered this forum today. As a big fan of this hot little pistol, I'm happy to see it has a forum of it's very own.

It's especially cool to have contributors from it's home country.

Dave
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

some P-64 history

Post by abwehr »

autom8r,

Welcome to the Forum, we are glad you found us! We may not know everything about the pistol, but this is the only place that has this much information so far.

If you haven't seen one, there is a copy of the Manual on the Forum and it is free. Print yourself out a copy!

Please come often, enjoy the Forum and the P-64!
autom8r

some P-64 history

Post by autom8r »

AB,

Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here. There are a few references to it on Gunboards.com, where the mere mention of Makarov and P-64 in the same paragraph is considered blasphemy....

I feel the quality and following of the P-64 will soon rival that of the East German Makarovs, which were considered commie oddballs back in the late 80s when they first started pouring over in like new condition. My only complaint on it is the hunnert pound trigger pull, which can be easily fixed, and the way the grip smacks your hand with the recoil, especially after a couple of boxes of ammo.

Dave
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

some P-64 history

Post by abwehr »

autom8r,

You are a man after my own heart, LOL! You know, I thin the Makarov is a great pistol, and would never blasphem the pistol. I just cannot underestadn why SOME of the Mak folks won't accept the P-64. Is it perfect, no, but the Mak is not perfect either, but everyone to their own likes and dislikes.

I think the P-64 WILL increase in value as I have stated on other threads. How much, I don't know, but I feel it will level in the $250 range by the end of this year!