Flat, Concealable Floorplate

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
kdmag88

Flat, Concealable Floorplate

Post by kdmag88 »

Hello all, back again with another magazine tip. I have found that while concealing my P64 (around the house that is, I live in MD where protecting yourself is not allowed) that the finger extension sticks out a little farther than I would like. I have noted in the past how similar a p83 mag is to the p64's and the floor plate is almost a direct swap as well. All that needs to be done is to dremel a small notch where the magazine spring sticks out to lock in the floorplate. The p83 being stamped metal looks to be slimmer than those who have ground down their factory plates, and this also gives very easy access to the mag release (plus you don't ruin your factory plate). There is also enough of a ledge in the front, that should you have to forcefully remove a magazine, you can still get a good grip to pull from. I realize that not everyone has spare p83 mags, but for those that do and would like a little more concealment, I have been very happy with this setup. I have tried Makarov plates, but their shape is too different. Let me know what you think!
Attachments
Modded Mag.jpg
Factory Mag.jpg
Side by side.jpg
GuitarmanNick

Re: Flat, Concealable Floorplate

Post by GuitarmanNick »

I too, reside in the People's Republic of Marylandistan! Carry in your residence is legal, open or concealed.

That said, looks like a good idea if you can fire it without discomfort to your little finger. I personally like the pinky extension for getting a firm grip on my P-64. Every little bit helps for me. I do enjoy shooting it.
kdmag88

Re: Flat, Concealable Floorplate

Post by kdmag88 »

Yeah I don't expect most people to do this. I like the pinky extension as well for all day shooting. But I can shoot 7 well placed shots without it. The Polish Iron grip probably helps too. Your main carry mag is the only one worth doing this to.