V.07 vs V.05 Polish Iron Grips

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
kwillindy

V.07 vs V.05 Polish Iron Grips

Post by kwillindy »

Has anyone tried the new V.07 grips? I see they have a beaver tail unlike the V.05, and the 7 does not have the finger grooves that the 5 has. Any experience, comparison, opinions?
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: V.07 vs V.05 Polish Iron Grips

Post by Weasel640 »

There have not been very many updates on the Polish Iron grips around here in general. The last discussion was early this month, and before that October of last year.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6074&start=45

They have been selling, and normally the absence of feedback on a product that IS selling means that it is working as expected. It would also be nice to see more reviews on the Polish Iron Extended Magazine Release as well...
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Cyndicalist

Post by Cyndicalist »

Weasel640 wrote: January 28th, 2019, 10:07 am There have not been very many updates on the Polish Iron grips around here in general. The last discussion was early this month, and before that October of last year.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6074&start=45

They have been selling, and normally the absence of feedback on a product that IS selling means that it is working as expected. It would also be nice to see more reviews on the Polish Iron Extended Magazine Release as well...
+1
"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

I recently bought a set of the V.05BT grips from another member here. The original V.05 grip would leave me with a small cut on my hand after about 25 rounds. Using the V.05BT grips, I fired 80 rounds before a blister made me stop shooting. Seems the rubber rubs the webbing of my hand upon firing. I have tried adjusting my grip, but cannot find a grip where it does not rub.
It is an improvement, but if I am going to shoot one of my P-64s, I will continue to put a Bandaid on the webbing of my hand first. It is the only thing that works!
In looking at the V.07BT grip, I think he is on the right track by using polymer instead of rubber.