Fix: Stiff double action trigger.

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Davidrol

Post by Davidrol »

The DA trigger on the gun I received from Classic Firearms, recently, was @ 20+ lbs. There was the hard trigger pull and a wall to hit before firing. I’ve reviewed many comments regarding Wolffe springs or shortening the main spring with mixed results. Mostly, affecting the SA trigger making it too light for CWC.

My observation of the situation lead me in to different solution. I felt lots of friction in the trigger mechanics.. from start through full cycle. Not smooth as it should. The hammer was stiff and hard to manually cock. The safety was stiff and not easily engaged/disengaged when ready.

I was ready to fully disassemble and polish all mating surfaces or find a gunsmith to do a trigger job. I found lube or cosmoline when removing the hammer. Found machine fine marks just about everywhere. This could not be the cause of the stiff DA. CZAK and the Polish Army would not award a gun in this state.

When this gun was assembled, like all mechanical devices are assembled, an special lubricant is applied on all surfaces during assembly to prevent rust, seizing and galling. Huh. What happens to this lubricant after 40+ years and, perhaps, a bath in Cosmoline?

To make a long story short, after coating all internal surfaces with Lucas Assembly Lube, with Moly Disulfide, I have a smooth DA (10lbs) and SA trigger, and no wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Davidrol on December 20th, 2018, 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Fix: Stiff double action trigger.

Post by Curly1 »

Interesting solution thanx for sharing
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Davidrol

Post by Davidrol »

A good cleaning and lube works wonders. Molybdenum Disulfide / 1.5 Micron Powder / 1 Ounce / 99% Pure / SHIPS FAST
$10.99
Can be found on ebay in powder form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk