P64 Trigger works fine until top slide on pistol

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Paul42

P64 Trigger works fine until top slide on pistol

Post by Paul42 »

Hi all,
I wonder if you can help.
My pistol has been stripped and cleaned completely
When the top slide is off my P64 the trigger works fine. When the top slide is in place, the double action seems to 'disconnect' mid trigger pull.
I have cleaned and re cleaned and assembled to no avail.
This is a century arms piece, and needed a new safety, which i later got, that said, the trigger function has always been as described.
Any ideas as to the problem?
I am at my wits end with it, my next recourse is to sell it as a parts pistol.
Hopefully it will not come to that, but i will consider offers as well.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: P64 Trigger works fine until top slide on pistol

Post by Ketchman »

Does the trigger work in single action mode? And does the safety also work as it is supposed to?
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Your problem is going to lie in how the Disconnector interacts with this new Safety. In short the Disconnector is doing what it is supposed to do at the wrong time e.g. Disconnect the Trigger Bar from action. At a normal state of rest the Safety sits above the Disconnector. If you search the forums there are threads about fitting the Disconnetor to you gun, normally for a new Disconnector. Be careful removing a little material on the Disconnector can go a long way.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Paul42

Post by Paul42 »

I think it is the Disconnetor, not wanting to shave material from it, may buy a replacement and see how that goes. In single action (hammer back) it functions fine, and the safety works as it should.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Paul42 wrote: April 25th, 2018, 3:49 pm I think it is the Disconnetor, not wanting to shave material from it, may buy a replacement and see how that goes. In single action (hammer back) it functions fine, and the safety works as it should.
Sounds like a plan. That way you have another one if you take to much off. I just checked too. Disconnectors are still available for about $15 plus shipping. So much easier to come by than Safeties.

Also in the mean time post a pic for the rest of us. Just looking in the inside of the Slide where the Safety sits with the track/rails of the Slide around it. One pic with the the Safety on and one of it off. That way we can check that everything lines up right.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.