Hammer binding caused Polish Iron grips?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Jimbo

Hammer binding caused Polish Iron grips?

Post by Jimbo »

So I tried out my pistol with the new grips and ran into trouble with the hammer resetting after firing. It only happens when a magazine is inserted so I’m wondering if a linkage is being pushed out in to the rubber grip and binding.

Has anyone else run into this? The grips fit great and really soak up the recoil. I haven’t changed any of the springs and I didn’t put in the extended magazine release either.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Hammer binding caused Polish Iron grips?

Post by Ketchman »

There is a chance. Try pulling off the grips, putting a VERY SMALL amount of grease on the trigger bar, put the grips back on and try running the trigger once or twice, then pulling off the grips and checking the inside to see if any grease got transferred to the grips which would indicate contact but not enough to cause issues. If that is not conclusive then try it again but with an EMPTY mag inserted and then see if there is a grease swipe on the inside of the grips. It is possible and I seem to remember this being talked about by one of us that was part of the beta testing group, of which I was one, and I thought Russ had the issue fixed. I do not remember hearing of this for quite awhile. Let us know what you find out.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

+1 yes that was an issue with the beta testing but never heard of any problems with the new ruuber grips.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Make sure that you have the grip installed properly. I had a similar issue after I cleaned my P-64. Took the grip off and reinstalled it and the problem was gone.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

+1 on what GuitarmanNick said.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
jonsteckelberg

Post by jonsteckelberg »

I had a similar problem with my Polish Iron grips. Part of my problem is the way I grip the gun. If you put pressure on the top right side of the grip with the palm of your hand it deforms the grip and rubs on the trigger bar preventing reset. My solution is to buy one of his semi-rigid grips rather than the rubber grip.
Thanks
Jon