"Chambered Round" indicator question on reassembly

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
kwillindy

"Chambered Round" indicator question on reassembly

Post by kwillindy »

Disassembled to install Wolff springs, incl Firing Pin spring since it came with my spring kit. Followed the YouTube video, which didn't mention the "chambered round" indicator. You guessed it, I turned the slide over and the little retainer for the indicator/spring tumbled out. And the indicator slid out next. So, just making sure it's back together correctly. I put the indicator back in place, and due to their shape and fit, the retainer will only fit over the indicator pin in one of two ways. So I placed the indicator with the longer end towards the top of the slide and the shorter end facing down towards the magazine. This seemed intuitive as it would allow the round to feed up and in smoothly. And I put the little retainer in place at the rear of the slide, and it fit snugly due to correct positioning/fit/shape of the 2 parts. They just sort of rest in there, so I'm hoping that everything is held together and in place by the safety mechanism, with the little spring & detent, as well as the firing pin and its spring. Everything went together correctly, rounds feed correctly, the Chamber Indicator & the Safety function correctly. It's pretty intuitive if you are the mechanical type -- looks good, feels good, fits good. I'm pretty sure everything is good, just looking for some words of confirmation from more experienced owners on this forum. Thank you.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: "Chambered Round" indicator question on reassembly

Post by Weasel640 »

Have you checked the resources here on the site?

These should answer all your questions:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1536
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
kwillindy

Re: "Chambered Round" indicator question on reassembly

Post by kwillindy »

Thank you Weasel640. Pretty good stuff. 8) Although the 2nd pic says "Make sure the cartridge indicator is facing the right way", it doesn't clearly say or show which is the right way. But, in looking at some other cutaway views and exploded views, it is easy now to see the correct position. Plus, the "upward" taper just makes sense to allow rounds to feed up and in. Thanks again, great pics and explanations. :) This assembly guide also answered my other posted question. A real master document, that's for sure. :mrgreen: