Decocked Broken?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
P64Dude9x18

Decocked Broken?

Post by P64Dude9x18 »

Hey guys!

So my P64 shoots great! But a problem on it... it decocking just fine when no round in to chamber... but when I chamber round, decocked stop working! It as if bullet interfering. So basically decocker not working as it should... but what to do about this one guys I dont know it?

Help! Thanks guys!!
OG17

Re: Decocked Broken?

Post by OG17 »

Wow. I just tried mine with snap caps and it works with or without a round chambered. I had the same issue with one of my P83s. Once the hammer is cocked the decocker stops dropping the hammer although it moves the FP out of the way. I can drop the hammer using the 1911 method of squeezing the trigger and holding the hammer, then releasing the trigger, and walk the hammer down. Somehow the part of the safety/decocker that pushes down on the hammer release goes slightly over it and doesn't make enough contact to push it down. I had to get another one that is flawless.

With the slide off, cock the hammer and push down on the hammer release. If the hammer drops then your issue is most likely with the safety/decocker. If it doesn't then the problem is in the hammer/hammer release area.

I wouldn't carry it until you solve this issue. Carrying the P64 with a round down the pipe and not decocked is a recipe for an accident.

Good luck.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

+1 ^^ Try this and report back.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
P64Dude9x18

Post by P64Dude9x18 »

Thanks to you guys very much!! To tell truth I stuck P64 in case and forgot about this one, will take it out soon to fix it with hope. Will try fixing thanks !!