Re: problem with the hammer?

Post by dirtlord420 »

dirtlord420

Post by dirtlord420 »

dirtlord420

Post by dirtlord420 »

its not rust. i traded one of my cz-52 for it. i did the pencil thing it shot it out of the barrel. so it might be working now. i'll test fire it tomorrow.

so this textured thing is not normal? i mean how would you do that?
dirtlord420

Post by dirtlord420 »

also its a matching number gun.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

matching serial numbers means nothing in this case. I am sorry to say that the pictures need much better light but that sure looks like rust pitting BUT it is odd that iy follows lines. Stippling is done by dempling it with a pointed punch many many times in order to give texture. I cannot understand why anyone would do that. And no, none of these guns ever had factory texturing. If you can get better light and try putting the gun on something solid when you take the picture, you holding both the camera AND the gun makes it blurry when I zoom in. And I am glad about the pencil test working. But I am not sure I would shoot this weapon yet.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
dirtlord420

Post by dirtlord420 »

ive shot it before. it took a few times for it to go bang. i know its not rust the inside of the gun is too clean. the dimples are only where the grips are not covered. every where else is clean.
i know what rust looks like on a gun i got some ghwer 88 shrouds that have some surface rust on them. the barrel of this pistol doesnt look like its ever shot any corrosive ammo. ill try another pic
dirtlord420

Post by dirtlord420 »

dirtlord420

Post by dirtlord420 »

dirtlord420

Post by dirtlord420 »

Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I'll be damned. Someone stippled this gun, or at least that is what I am guessing now. Well it was definetly done by a previous owner and you obviously know how tp strip the weapon down for cleaning so, do this.
Get some mineral spirits like acetone and soak the pistol overnight in it, minus the grips. And then the next way let it dry and then give the proper areas some lubrication. That should disolve most if not all the cosmoline that may yet be hiding in the nooks and crannies. And then see if it functions correctly.
dirtlord420

Post by dirtlord420 »

it works! it could use a better cleaning tho. not a bad shooting pistol. ive had it for about a year just never messed with it much. it being stippled does that make it worth more. my guess is no lol.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Glad to hear it works. And no, lol, my guess also is that the stippling has not increased the value of your pistol.