p64 trigger guard pin

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
p64444

p64 trigger guard pin

Post by p64444 »

Hello all,
I've seen this topic posted several times here, and I went through all the old threads, but I am still stuck.

I have a 1967 p64 (Radom) that has a broken trigger guard pin (the kind that looks like a little dumbbell). I ordered 2 pins directly from Poland, but they are too large for the holes in the firearm, as well as the trigger guard (the pins are clearly larger than the original, and no amount of force is going to get them in). I also purchased a 1/8 roll/tension pin, and that too is too large (and this is still with knowing that they have to be forced in). I've seen a few people with what seems to be the same issue, that the replacement parts just seem too big ( I am not sure if its an older model thing, or what). Any advice would be welcomed (including where to buy a part that would for sure fit).

FYI, I have a drill and dremel tool, as well as your standard tool box kit, but nothing in the way of a mill or press, and no vice.

Thanks,
Joe
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: p64 trigger guard pin

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Joe

I think the solution you seek is in this thread where the OP drilled the hole to make the new pin fit for a fix.

http://www.p64resource.com/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=5881
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary