Wolf Springs

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
rvenneman

Wolf Springs

Post by rvenneman »

I just ordered the complete spring kit. The most important thing I want to have an easier mag release.
Can anyone suggest which springs to use?
J.D.

Re: Wolf Springs

Post by J.D. »

I don't think any of the Wolff springs affect the mag release specifically... I mean it is attached to the hammer spring but I did not notice a difference when I changed out springs any function of the mag release. So there is no reason I can think it should be difficult aside from just getting used to finding the heel release and learning where the "sweet spot" is to pop the mag out. If your mag is not releasing easily try loosening the grip screw a bit, it makes a world of difference in wether or not the mag release works smoothly. Also, if you have not done so, a good cleaning clears away waxy surplus grease and cosmoline that causes springs to bind and drag.

P.S. be prepared to wait... even with paying for 2 day shipping it took my Wolff springs 3 weeks to arrive.
Foxtail

Post by Foxtail »

When I replaced the hammer spring with the 18 lb one the mag release became much easier to operate.
OG17

Post by OG17 »

You can also use the Polish Iron extended mag release with any of the springs. I have it with the stock springs on.
culpeper

Post by culpeper »

Don't overlook the grip screws too tight or aftermarket slide on grips squeeze too tight.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
OG17

Post by OG17 »

I agree. I took off the PI grips for now. They were so tight I can hardly take them off without exerting great effort.
superc

Post by superc »

It becomes a major issue if the spring is too light. Your magazine can (will) fall out under recoil. See my post in this section 'don't go too light on the Wolff' accompanied by a video showing the problem.