Hated my sights

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Nickjc

Hated my sights

Post by Nickjc »

And had some shop time this weekend.

If your familiar with a 1911 and military sights...I've found that at 7 yards applying the same cover the target principle works well..... look it's not a target gun or meant to be right? But up close and personal this helps pick up the front sight right away as opposed to the original matchstick....I like it.... :)
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Hated my sights

Post by Ketchman »

I gotta say that from what I can see I would have to agree with you about accuracy at social distances. What did you use for the front site? A BB? And your site setup reminds me of a half ring ghost site. Very interesting design. Nice job man.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I likey!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Nickjc

Post by Nickjc »

Ketchman wrote:I gotta say that from what I can see I would have to agree with you about accuracy at social distances. What did you use for the front site? A BB? And your site setup reminds me of a half ring ghost site. Very interesting design. Nice job man.
Thanks

It is a nice pistol shoots well -

I used a shotgun bead. I didn't like an aluminum one so I used brass- drilled tapped lock tight (blue) not going anywhere.

There was enough meat of metal there to do it and frankly it wasn't my idea, I saw a picture online and wanted to mess with it.

However, I did not have a proper milling bit for it, but low and behold i did have the right size round file and some good round needle files.
Nickjc

Post by Nickjc »

Curly1 wrote:I likey!
Thanks !
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I must agree with Curly. I likey. I hated my sights too and this is what I did to mine.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4538#p43711

And I almost did the shotgun bead too originally but then I saw the light pipe sight and that settled me. But your's is way up there on the cool scale.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.