Wolf Hammer springs

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
TacMedic57

Wolf Hammer springs

Post by TacMedic57 »

I want to change the hammer spring on my P64. I have seen from many web posts that Wolf carries these. But on their web sight they are only offering recoil springs. Do any of you guys or gals know if:
They run out from time to time and then are offered again?
Or do you know another place I might be able to get one?
Thanks
Poppy42

Re: Wolf Hammer springs

Post by Poppy42 »

I just ordered hammer springs last week and they had recoil springs then. I can't see why they would stop so quickly
Long, wide, deep, and without hesitation
TacMedic57

Post by TacMedic57 »

Did you call to order or just order on lone?
Thanks
Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

Ordered online
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

I don't think you are looking in the right place. This is the page you should be looking at:

https://www.gunsprings.com/POLISH%20/cID1/mID49/dID196

They are listed about halfway down the page. Hammer Springs are available in Reduced Power: 17, 18, 19 & 20 Lb. However many have reported that the 17 Lb Spring is to light, and the 18 Lb spring although it works fine will give to a "Hair Trigger" in Single Action. For this reason I recommend getting the Hammer Spring Pak that includes 1 each of 18, 19, & 20 Lb hammer springs, found at the bottom of the page.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
TacMedic57

Post by TacMedic57 »

You're right I was looking in the wrong place. Thank you.
Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

That's where I ordered mine from haven't got them yet but I expect them this week
Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

Got mine Friday. I put the 18lb in and went to the range Monday. What a difference!!! I didn't order the recoil spring but I think I might. I don't really mind the recoil ( I carry and shoot a Kel-Tec PF9) but my hand just doesn't fit my p64 very comfortabley. I think my next step will be a set of Polishiron grips before I change the recoil spring. I wouldn't mind getting a set of the standard issue (army or police) but I can't seem to find any. Anyone have any suggestions?
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Poppy42 wrote:I wouldn't mind getting a set of the standard issue (army or police) but I can't seem to find any. Anyone have any suggestions?
What exactly are you asking for here? Your P-64 should have come with all "standard issue" items. Do you think that your springs or grips are not standard issue? Why would you think that? Please post pictures of whatever it is you think is not standard issue.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

First off I got my p64 at a pawn shop pre owned. As far as my grips, I was under the assumption that when they were issued for duty in Poland the grips had know thumb rest. when they are sold for surplus the duty grips are replaced with the grips with the grips that have the thumb rest. A lot of Makarovs are also sold that way. Sometimes sold with 2sets of grips. That's how my Bulgarian Makarov was sold. I don't like the thumb rest. As far as springs this whole topic is about replacing standard hammer springs with wolf springs.
BeoBill

Post by BeoBill »

Definitely get the Polish Iron grips. They make a world of difference.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

+1 on the iron grips.

Reproduction grips w/o the thumb rest can be found on ebay or gun broker.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Poppy42 wrote:First off I got my p64 at a pawn shop pre owned. As far as my grips, I was under the assumption that when they were issued for duty in Poland the grips had know thumb rest. when they are sold for surplus the duty grips are replaced with the grips with the grips that have the thumb rest. A lot of Makarovs are also sold that way. Sometimes sold with 2sets of grips. That's how my Bulgarian Makarov was sold. I don't like the thumb rest. As far as springs this whole topic is about replacing standard hammer springs with wolf springs.
If your P-64 has the thumb rest on the Left Grip, then you are right; they are Not the original standard issue Grips. However the reason they were doing this was due to a thickness requirement in the Clinton era assault weapons ban passed in 1993. The ban has since expired in 2004, so any P-64 that has been imported into the U.S. since has had the original issued grips.

The original Grips do come up on eBay and Gun Broker every once in a while, as Curly mentioned. Currently there are original Polish made new grips on Gun Broker. So I was confused as to why you would not be able to find original grips.
Weasel

Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

Thanks for the info weasel640 that's what I thought I was on GunBroker the other day and did not see them must've been looking in the wrong spot I'll check again. I don't do auctions Though