So I put in a Wolffe spring kit

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Tiger Stripe

So I put in a Wolffe spring kit

Post by Tiger Stripe »

Bought a P64 from Aim, really nice looking pistol. Put in the kit before shooting it and suffered several stove pipes and had the pistol go full auto on me once. Could that be because I put it back together incorrectly? Any ideas?
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: So I put in a Wolffe spring kit

Post by robhic »

Generally, not giving the pistol a scrupulous cleaning is the source of most problems. The guns are older, and usually have a lot of lacquer buildup in the chamber from a lot of steel-cased ammo use. Most people say "I cleaned it." But there's cleaning and there's CLEANING!!! I'd suggest, not that you didn't, giving it a good clean. I mean all areas. Use brake cleaner or good solvent (Hoppe's spray solvent is one...) all 'round. Get the innards clean and loose. Maybe wire brush the chamber even if it looks clean.

Then lightly lubricate it. Get it clean and lubed and check the re-assembly to make sure. Stick a pencil in the barrel (eraser first) and see if it gets shot out when aimed upwards. Make sure the decocker/safety works, the trigger is working (UNLOADED!!!) and then go try it again. Hope this helps and good luck.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Did you replace the FP spring that came with it also?

Welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Tiger Stripe

Post by Tiger Stripe »

Curly1 wrote:Did you replace the FP spring that came with it also?

Welcome to the forum.
No, I didn't replace the firing pin spring. Guess I'll clean it again and try that.

Thanks.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I have found a thorough scrubbing, and more frog lube than you would think, solves most of these problems. My EDC is a P-64, and once a week i lube it up.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."