Magazine falls out

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
valetnlv

Magazine falls out

Post by valetnlv »

Ok my gun (p64) was working fine , now after the last round is fired the empty magazine drops out of the gun. this is kinda weird. not a big problem because it is empty everytime and ok to put loaded mag in gun. not sure why this is happening now
Attachments
rsz_img_20160607_212440.jpg
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Magazine falls out

Post by Curly1 »

This happened to me when I was using the 22lb recoil spring.

Changed back to the stock spring and had no problems.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

I think I remember some having problems with the 17# hammer spring causing that and sometimes light primer strikes, too. Did you replace any springs mentioned above? Yes, sometimes it is that simple. But it makes quick reloads even quicker! :mrgreen:
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

valetnlv wrote:Ok my gun (p64) was working fine , now after the last round is fired the empty magazine drops out of the gun. this is kinda weird. not a big problem because it is empty everytime and ok to put loaded mag in gun. not sure why this is happening now
Although you may not see it as a big problem, it can become a costly problem. With almost all firearms a lot of issues are caused by bad magazines. Letting them drop out and impact the floor is one of the quickest ways to get a bad magazine. Magazines now aren't as affordable as they once were.

Like Robhic and Curly had mentioned you want to look at you spring tension in both the Hammer Spring and Recoil Spring.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

It has never hit the ground always slides out slow so no problem. I put the old slide spring back in and will try it this week. Thanks
groundpounder47

Post by groundpounder47 »

Mine does the same but with all factory springs without modification. Could this possibly be because of a bad/gunked up hammer spring? I haven't taken it apart since shooting it for the first time today.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yes if you haven't done a detail cleaning you may have some cosmo playing havoc.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary