New Mag. Release.

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Polishiron68

New Mag. Release.

Post by Polishiron68 »

Greetings all,
Take a look at the new Mag Release.
Please offer any comments, questions or concerns.
It will be offered on a swap basis. I bought all the mag releases I could find and will over-mold them.
When purchased I will ship the new assembly with a prepaid envelope to send your mag release back to me.
If one wishes to have their own part over-molded, OK. But I will require it to be engraved with a personal identifier. And of course it will take a little longer. But will go into production line right away.
It will work with all the new and replacement v.05 grips. It will work with a factory grip if you do some grinding on it or the grip.
The 'Red" color is just for contrast and clarity. But I guess I can make colors available.
I haven't figured out pricing structure yet. Should be fairly painless though. For you that is.
It still takes almost as much time as a grip to manufacture. But Ill take one for the team, Ha!.
Russ...

https://flic.kr/s/aHskAbJyVE

Thanks for everyones support. I have more improvements to our little "fire breathers", coming soon
Kamalo87

Re: New Mag. Release.

Post by Kamalo87 »

It looks like the fit is tight, i am assuming this is made of the same/similar material as the grips?

I like it!
Polishiron68

Post by Polishiron68 »

The fit is in clearance all around. Lousy pics.
The release rotates thru an arc so it does not snag on the knurl. If that is what you are referring to.
I also test every new v.05 with the new release before shipping.
If one wants more clearance. It's fairly easy to carve out the grip to suite.
The material is a rigid polyurethane. Compared to p.u. Elastomer of the grip.
The images are of the first off the first mold. And are to be refined in cleaner detail for the final tool.
Russ...
LovingSensei

Post by LovingSensei »

Polishiron68 wrote:The fit is in clearance all around. Lousy pics.
The release rotates thru an arc so it does not snag on the knurl. If that is what you are referring to.
I also test every new v.05 with the new release before shipping.
If one wants more clearance. It's fairly easy to carve out the grip to suite.

The material is a rigid polyurethane. Compared to p.u. Elastomer of the grip.
The images are of the first off the first mold. And are to be refined in cleaner detail for the final tool.
Russ...

Would this work well with marschal grips?