I love the P64 and P83 better

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
valetnlv

I love the P64 and P83 better

Post by valetnlv »

I have one of each and just love them. I read a lot of people say recoil can be brutal , snappy and kick and bite when describing these guns I just dont see it or feel it. i am no superman i am retired from law Enforcement and have did a lot of shooting in the past but i have shooting gloves i always wear at the range and am fine. if i had the ammo and time i would and could fire 300 rounds out of these every time i was at the range with no problem. Just my two cents today. Brian
PS - the only reason i like the p83 better , it's more accurate and holds more ammo and fits my had nice.

more more thing i did try the wolf springs in my 64 for one day and did not like them so i am back to stock with only custom grip tape for it. Now my wife has a 64 with wolf springs and loves it.
chestertnted

Re: I love the P64 and P83 better

Post by chestertnted »

My first 9×18 was the P-83. Love it a lot. Have 2 P-64s, and they kick heavy to me. But use it for my EDC.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I also put in the Wollfe springs, and saw, felt, no discernable difference, but many members definitely say it did!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

The only thing I do not like about my P83 is when using an IWB holster the sharp edges of the hammer dig into me when seated.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

curly1 you have to get a IWB holster that will tilt the gun forwards like 30 degrees. puts the hammer more out front and not in your side.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I use a remora which I tilt forward but the rebounding hammer sits back far enough to dig in no matter how I position it.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
dwcopple

Post by dwcopple »

I've never had that issue carrying my P83, but I have very little body fat either. What is your build?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Not a lot of body fat here with a medium build.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

DW what holster do you use for the 83
dwcopple

Post by dwcopple »

http://p64resource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5568

for OWB, I use a nylon BagMaster pancake with the strap removed