grip options.

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
serywil

grip options.

Post by serywil »

New to the forum, but I have been reading posts on here. I mean, alot. Anyways, my question is to those who have modified there grips. I cannot decide what to do with mine. I'm not a fan of wood grips, but I do like the zee grips with the thumb rest, but I also looked at the hogue sleeve and the grip tape. So to those with more experience with these than I, which is the most comfortable? Let's hear those testimonials. Also while I'm on the p64 topic, my rear sight needs to be adjusted a little, wood punches break before it moves, wrapping a cloth around a metal punch doesn't work either because the punch starts to poke through the cloth before it moves. Any ideas on how to adjust without scoring the sight?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: grip options.

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

Try using some Kroil oil to maybe loosen the sight up.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

I love the grip tape, so i can keep the original grips on the gun
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

The Hogue sleeves are my only experience. Add a bit of "grippiness" and a ridge on the front. If you like that (I think it's alright...) and more a visual thing, you'll like it. But with the kick of the P64 the sleeves do NOTHING, IMO, to lessen that recoil. Cosmetics and a bit of grip - good. Recoil reduction - 0. :cry:
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

serywil wrote:New to the forum, but I have been reading posts on here. I mean, alot. Anyways, my question is to those who have modified there grips. I cannot decide what to do with mine. I'm not a fan of wood grips, but I do like the zee grips with the thumb rest, but I also looked at the hogue sleeve and the grip tape. So to those with more experience with these than I, which is the most comfortable? Let's hear those testimonials. Also while I'm on the p64 topic, my rear sight needs to be adjusted a little, wood punches break before it moves, wrapping a cloth around a metal punch doesn't work either because the punch starts to poke through the cloth before it moves. Any ideas on how to adjust without scoring the sight?
Don't take this the wrong way, but I seriously doubt the sight is off. More than likely, it is your shooting technique. If it shoots off to the side you are either flinching, or your trigger finger isn't positioned on the trigger optimally and you are slightly twisting the frame as the trigger travels through its arc.
PapaSmurf

Post by PapaSmurf »

I use the Pachmayr "Tactical Grip Glove" rubber grip sleeve #05179 for the (among others) Walther PPS. Right- and left-side palm swells fit my hand well.
stunnoi1234

Post by stunnoi1234 »

Cosmetics and a bit of grip - good.
เก็นติ้งออนไลน์
Polishiron68

Post by Polishiron68 »

Greetings all,
If you have not seen it yet. Please consider my "PolishIron v.05 /p64 grip".
Follow some past discussion on discussion page.
Inquire or order at: polisjiron68@gmail.com. PayPal ready!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133327433 ... 4317457003

Thanks,
Russ...
handsmahoney

Post by handsmahoney »

Are those grips slimmer than the plastic factory grips?
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

Russ just made my wife these grips for her p64 , I think he hit another home run.
Attachments
rsz_img_20160607_212440.jpg
rsz_img_20160607_211855.jpg
keith150

Post by keith150 »

Nice looking grips