still heavy after replacing hammer spring with 18 # wolff

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
zoics

still heavy after replacing hammer spring with 18 # wolff

Post by zoics »

new to the forum

my p64 has a round hammer made in 72

i replaced the stock hammer spring with 18 # wolff hammer spring for the second time (received replacement spring from wolff) but it did not make any difference, does
someone has experienced the same or explanation of the matter?

thanks in advance
Hapax

Re: still heavy after replacing hammer spring with 18 # wolf

Post by Hapax »

Not sure what you mean by "did not make any difference". The Wolff hammer spring will lower the DA trigger pull from the mid-20 pound range to the mid-teens ... still very heavy compared to other DA pulls.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Hapax wrote:Not sure what you mean by "did not make any difference". The Wolff hammer spring will lower the DA trigger pull from the mid-20 pound range to the mid-teens ... still very heavy compared to other DA pulls.
The OP posted this in two different places on the same day. The other thread has more of a discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5966
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
mdh

Post by mdh »

My wife can pull the trigger with one finger with the wolff 18# or 19# spring, but she actually needs two index fingers to pull it with the factory springs. I think that says a lot.
Stang

Post by Stang »

Old thread but I have the same issue. I own 2 nice P64s. Did springs on both. One is excellent nice pull even in DA. Very light in SA. Just fine.

The second one I think is binding somewhere when the hammer is almost all the way back. Sticks on something. SA is also light and fine on this one and it has to do with hammer moving back. I need to completely take it all apart and figure it out. Sounds like the same issue the OP has. It isnt a spring issue there is another internal problem.

When I find it I will let you know.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Check the trigger bar to see if it is binding there.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Maybe take a look through these. Like Curly mention maybe check the trigger bar, also check the Hammer Strut and Strut washer to make sure everything is aligned. You might figure it out.

www.p64resource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1536
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.