P64 Mag Modification

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
mwt

P64 Mag Modification

Post by mwt »

Santa brought me a Classic P64 with an extra mag for Christmas. Installed Wolff Springs and bought a Remora PPK holster and was all set to begin using it for CCW.

Noticed that Classic was thoughtful enough to send my extra mag with the plastic finger extension broken off. After a few minutes working on it with my dremel I have a more comfortable and concealable mag extension.

Sometimes you gotta make the best of a situation.
Attachments
p64 mag mod.JPG
p64.JPG
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: P64 Mag Modification

Post by Curly1 »

Don't you luv it when a plan comes together! :)
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I have thought of grinding the extension off myself. It would print less. But can't do it!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Pulsar

Post by Pulsar »

Very nice! I made myself a couple flat mag bottoms out of sheet metal that I use when pocket carrying. I haven't managed to get them to the range yet. Once I try them out at the range I'll post a thread with photos.
mwt

Post by mwt »

chestertnted wrote:I have thought of grinding the extension off myself. It would print less. But can't do it!
Thanks to Classic's customer service, I had nothing to lose. After carrying it a few days now I really like the modified mag.

Don't know if it was the stiffer recoil spring or the fact I was used to stiff 38 special loads in my J frame, but the terrible recoil I heard about with the P64 just has not been a problem. I find it quite comfortable to shoot compared to my J frame Taurus.