CDS Tactical Grip Tape

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
SkippySanchez

CDS Tactical Grip Tape

Post by SkippySanchez »

Just received some rubberized grip tape from CDS Tactical for my p64 today and had it on within half an hour. Heard about it on this forum from board user "valetnlv," who sent me to the eBay link.

Good fit, easy to apply and looks better than the bicycle inner tube fix. As per instructions, I cleaned the area with alcohol, warmed the grip and lower frame with a blow dryer and worked my way from one side, under the trigger guard to the other.

Time will tell how it holds up under use. My primary concerns will be whether the corners of the tape will eventually curl up and collect clothing lint, or whether the adhesive will stay sticky after repeated cleanings. I know not to get solvent on or near the grips themselves but over time it's likely some may penetrate under the tape no matter how careful I am. Nonetheless, it seems like a good deal for under $11.

I'm hoping to take it shooting over the holidays to see how it does. I'll post a followup after I've had it out a few times.
CDS Tactical

Re: CDS Tactical Grip Tape

Post by CDS Tactical »

Hello everyone, Chris From CDS Tactical Products here.

I'm posting on this topic so that we will be able to follow along on our end and answer any questions that may pop up about our grip wrap. We really value all input, both positive and negative, and will use your input to help create a better product for P64 owners.

Shoot safe,
Chris
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Interested as well. Need some recoil dampening!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
SkippySanchez

Post by SkippySanchez »

chestertnted wrote:Interested as well. Need some recoil dampening!
Frankly, I doubt it will dampen the recoil all that much because it's not real thick. It does provide a better, more sure grip and will probably absorb some of the snap of the 9x18mak.

Haven't shot it yet, so for now I'm just guessing. A fingerless glove would probably absorb more recoil than the grip tape.

Personally, I don't find the p64 recoil all that unpleasant in the first place; I just wanted something that would give be a more sure grip.
RUT

Post by RUT »

>>Just received some rubberized grip tape from CDS Tactical for my p64 today<<

Same on this end. I did the installation today, and it went pretty much like Talons or Traction grips. I followed the directions to the letter and they installed in minutes. They do improve the "gription" markedly, and only time will tell as to how well they hold up.

===RUT===
SkippySanchez

Post by SkippySanchez »

Took my p64 to the range yesterday and shot about 50 rounds. The CDS grip tape held up perfectly, which I expected, and absorbed none of the recoil, which I also expected. It still made for a nice grip surface, however, and showed no signs of peeling or separation after cleaning.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I have not been able to tame the recoil very well. However this is my EDC, and don't care much about that. I practice regularly, with Mozambique at 5yards. Reset, move, reaquire, do it again. Mag reload, repeat.
I am not to concerned with recoil when your life is on the line.
This weapon is very easy to carry, does not print, and is viable.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

I just got a 2nd grip from CDS for my wifes P64 , we love them and they do hold up well. I wish they made them for all my guns
CDS Tactical

Post by CDS Tactical »

valetnlv wrote:I just got a 2nd grip from CDS for my wifes P64 , we love them and they do hold up well. I wish they made them for all my guns
What other guns do you have that you want wraps for?

We are currently expanding our product line and are looking for other gun models to add to it.
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

i have a p-83 I would like a grip for and a Jimenez .22 thanks Brian
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Mak's.

CDS Tactical

Post by CDS Tactical »

valetnlv wrote:i have a p-83 I would like a grip for and a Jimenez .22 thanks Brian
I will add these to our list and let you know when they are done.
CDS Tactical

Post by CDS Tactical »

chestertnted wrote:Mak's.

If you are referring to the Makarov, we have one already on the market.

You can pick one up from our store over here: http://www.convergentdesignsolutions.co ... _Wrap.html

Or on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Makarov-Handgun ... RK:MESE:IT
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

no its not a makarov just shoots 9x18 ammo but made in Poland P83 thanks brian