I need help finding a safety lever

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
taylor775

I need help finding a safety lever

Post by taylor775 »

hi I just purchased a p64 from gunbroker, and am in need of a safety lever due to the fact it does not have one. thank you for your time.
chestertnted

Re: I need help finding a safety lever

Post by chestertnted »

No safety level is strange. I suppose Numrich Arms would have one, or maybe Gunbroker.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
taylor775

Post by taylor775 »

I checked them and for now they do not have any, lol if I can find the measurements I would be tempted to see if one could be made.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Taylor.

They are pretty hard to come across.

Keep an eye on Gunbroker.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
taylor775

Post by taylor775 »

I will, thank you
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

It's really hard to find a safety for the P-64s. Every once in a while one will come up on Gunbroker, or any one of the gun forums, but for that one their are ten people that want it. So essentially they've sold you a parts gun as it is NOT safe to use it with the safety missing. As these are still available from vendors for $250 or less for a decent P-64 I hope you didn't pay much more than half that for your parts gun. If so I'd try sending it back. Or get a good one and keep that for future repairs later.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
chaka09

Post by chaka09 »

Yeah hsvent been able to find one either got a good deal on the gun at 165 otd at cabelos took it out fired 50 round through it cleaned and when i put it back together guess i did something wrong cause saftey catch broke someone should start making these lol
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I was looking for a part on my Helwan, and everybody was out. I put up a daily search on Gunbroker and 6 months later one popped up and a bought it right away.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

chaka09 wrote:Yeah hsvent been able to find one either got a good deal on the gun at 165 otd at cabelos took it out fired 50 round through it cleaned and when i put it back together guess i did something wrong cause saftey catch broke someone should start making these lol
In your case you should try to take it back and exchange it or get a refund. You can't really do anything wrong in terms of field stripping and cleaning these that would have caused it to break.

Also keep in mind "dry firing" without any ammo can be rough on these. Always use snap caps to protect you firing pin and safety when practice firing.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Snap caps are a must.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

+1 take it back to Cabelas and +2 on the snap caps they are cheap insurance.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
chaka09

Post by chaka09 »

Wish i could take it back but past 10 days
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

chaka09 wrote:Wish i could take it back but past 10 days
Take it back anyway if you've only fired 50 rounds through it, the should honor at the very least an exchange. They are a big enough outfit that there is absolutely no reason it should be as short as a 10 day time for defects.
Weasel

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

If they don't help you out tell them they are dead to you.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary