heavy safety lever fixed

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
mike83

heavy safety lever fixed

Post by mike83 »

Thanks to this board, my safety lever no longer takes both hands to operate. I got my tiny harbor freight dremel-like tool out and smoothed out the ramps for the detent. I took my time and did it 3 times, taking small amounts off until it felt just about right. A touch on the tip of the detent and it now takes a single thumb to operate. This is the same pistol that would not de-cock when I first got it. I am getting better at taking this one down for a tune-up. All I plan to do now is that little Hogue grip. My older P64 has Zee grips (white ones!) with the thumb rest. That helped the snappy recoil a bit and looks kind of cool.

Since I am spending more time in Illinois lately, I have decided not to buy any more guns until I get the Illinois carry permit. Sixteen hours of training for $200(minimum) at a state certified school and $150 to the state seems draconian, but I feel naked without a carry piece. Do you think the bad guys will join me at the class? :evilgrin:

Mike
chestertnted

Re: heavy safety lever fixed

Post by chestertnted »

Very good. Now we all know what to do with a sticky safety.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."