Slide Modification.

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Char181

Slide Modification.

Post by Char181 »

Is it possible to re-work the end of the slide to reduce "slide bite"? Perhaps a rounding off or removing material from rear of the slide.
chestertnted

Re: Slide Modification.

Post by chestertnted »

Good question. I get slide bite as well. Looking at a glove or grip tape.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Char181

Post by Char181 »

I'm sure a glove would help but for me I think I would lose something in my feel of the grip, especially with such a small single stack frame. Modifying the slide may irritate some purest but I'm interested in something I can shoot often and be more comfortable with if possible.
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

Your best bet is to get some beavertailed grips, and learn to hold the grips properly.
johnnycuredents

Post by johnnycuredents »

I think your problem is the way you are holding the gun. On my first time out with the gun today, remembering what others said about slide bite, I watched closely to see if the slide came anywhere near my hand (it was cold and I wore gloves, but they were thin). There was no problem at all in that sense since it came no closer to my hand than the slide of the E Germ Makarov I had years ago even though the frames of the two guns are dramatically different. There was no problem even when I tried rapid fire emptying the magazine as fast as I could pull the trigger. (There was, however, a very different problem with rapid fire that I mention on another post I made elsewhere on this site today.)
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Could be, but I have shot numerous semi- automatics in my years never had a problem. Perhaps just my big hands on a small pistol..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."