Loaded chamber indicator seems loose

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Datmilsurp

Loaded chamber indicator seems loose

Post by Datmilsurp »

I bought a p64 from aim surplus and when I was looking the gun over it seems like the loaded chamber indicator is loose. If i hold the pistol vertical the indicator will just slide out about a millimeter and stop. Is that normal or is something broken?
tech 1

Re: Loaded chamber indicator seems loose

Post by tech 1 »

Not normal, there is a small retainer piece (indicator Lock) that drops over the indicator. Part 31 on the p64 parts diagram. Yours may be missing
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Agree with 'Tech 1' and say DO NOT FIRE GUN IN THIS CONDITION! The retainer may be loose (or missing) inside the pistol and could cause problems should it get stuck in the internals.

Good news is that if you remove the slide and shake the gun you may find it or it'll drop out. Bad news is that you need to remove the safety/decocker assembly to fix it because the little keeper part fits underneath the safety assembly. See the thread "Made Some Videos" to view member Junius Taylor's indispensable videos on disassembling the P64 entirely, including the loaded chamber indicator and the keeper piece in question.

IMO, if you get the loose or missing piece outta the gun you should be able to fire it with the whole LCI removed for a time. It'll just leave a small hole where the silver indicator would be. Your choice ....
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Under the Safety, this is how it should look:
http://p64resource.com/board/P64_%20Ass ... pdf#page=7

Found here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1536

Above videos here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4200
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.